I almost do

So...I'm back! 

This is just an idea I had in the middle of the night, not very good though. It's the almost kiss scene from the show, but...

You get it.

Lockwood's POV

I knocked on Lucy's door, uncertain if she'd want me to enter. Luckily, she told me to come in. Phew. I didn't want to be standing outside her door like a creep with the tray in my hands. 

I walked up the stairs and saw Lucy sitting on the bed. And I kept standing there awkwardly until I could muster up the courage to say something to her.

'I know I look like Anthony Lockwood, but I'm not. I'm a actually a fully qualified doctor, so...' 

'Good. Cause he was a massive prick to me just now.' Ouch. Though I probably deserved it. 

I was contemplating killing myself after her comment and the way I treated her, and also wondering why I came up here in the first place when she looked at my tray and said 'Come on, then. Bring it in.' I nodded and walked up to her bed and sat next to her. 

Holy crap, I was in very close proximity to her. Closer than I'd ever been. I mean, not ever, because when we were doing the Anabel Ward case I was hovering on top of her, and the urge to close the distance was insane, and I had dreamt about that moment every day sin-

I was rambling.

Great.

I then realized I was here to treat her wound, so I had better get to it. But I didn't want to touch her, I mean- privacy, people.

'Uh...I'm not sure what I should...' She pushed back her t-shirt sleeve and holy shit- that was a deep cut. I tried not to faint at the sight of the blood, and breathed heavily. I then realized her hand was in mine. HER HAND WAS IN MINE!!! I- again, tried not to show my excitment, and put the cotton in some water.

'This is gonna hurt.' I told her.

'Thanks for the warning.' I smiled slightly and gently cleaned her wound, rather slowly, because I didn't want it to hurt too much. I tried to think of a conversation topic and remembered ours in the study.

'I was...orphaned at the age of six.' I looked at her from the corner of my eye, and saw them full of sympathy. 'So, uh...all I can say is that I don't really enjoy talking about my past. And that's what's behind that door.'

'Okay.'

'And, uh...you used it to convince me that, not only are you one of the two people in the history of the world to be able to talk to ghosts, but that we actually have a Type Three ghost in our house.' I chuckled dryly. 'Two events with a one-in-a-billion probability.  And the chances of you being right are-'

'I know. I wouldn't believe me either.'

'That's...not the problem.' She raised her eyebrows at me as if to say 'Oh?' Meanwhile, I gently took the bandaid and put it on her very-well cleaned wound. I might as well be a highly qualified doctor.

'The problem is, when you like the spotlight as much as I do, it's quite an adjusment to realize that the real reason you might be here...is to shine it on somebody else.' I smiled warmly at her as she realized the meaning behind my words.

'You believe me.' She said, her voice soft and a slight grateful smile on her lips.

'I do. About everything.'

'Thanks.' I smiled. 'You know I don't actually want the spotlight, right?' I chuckled.

'I know.' I whispered. 'It's maddening.' Lucy smiled and I noticed her eyes were glistening. It made my heart ache. 

'I suppose it would make me, uh...quite the asset, wouldn't it?' I laughed.

'I'm not gonna make that mistake again.' My voice got a tad bit more serious. 'We'll go carefully. I promise.' What I really meant was, with these weird feelings I couldn't seem to ignore, but I wasn't sure she felt the same. Though, I noticed her fingers entwined through mine quite naturally. 

I stared at her eyes longinly and felt my gaze go to her lips. Her soft, kissable lips. 

I wanted to kiss her.

I almost did.

I then noticed our hands together, and realized what I was doing.

I cleared my throat and moved away from her.

Lucy's POV

I have no idea what the fuck that was. My brain was clouded, and I couldn't think clearly. That was...

I wanted to kiss him.

I almost did.

Before I could, Lockwood asked me, 'What did it say?' at the same time I asked him 'Is it true what george said?'

We chuckled awkwardly. 

'You go first.' Lockwood said. 

'Alright. Uh...I was wondering if it was true. What George said. In the library. That you give me a free pass because you like the way I look at you.'

'Oh! Uhm...I....You're a very talented listener.' I smiled.

'That's not my question.'

'I don't...'

'So you don't like the way I look at you? And, can I say, I have no idea how "I look at you". George speaks bullshit. But you might know what it is.'

'I do. I do like the way you look...at me! I like the way you look at me. A lot. But I give you a free pass because you're the most talented Listener I know. God, you do like to corner me Luce.' I chuckled.

I don't know why I asked him that. I had been nagging me since George said it. 

But he liked the way I looked. At him. I had an overwhelming urge to kiss him again. 

So I did.

I then thought he probably didn't want to kiss me back, or it was too soon, which I probably thought of before I kissed him. So I was just awkwardly kissing him, with him not kissing me back. I didn't know when to pull back, or how, when he inhaled sharply, as if he was struck by lightning, and kissed me back.

I was kissing Anthony Lockwood, and he was kissing me back. 

He angled his head and kissed me the way I had dreamed my first kiss would be. It was wild, sweet, and overwhelming at the same time. Lockwood pulled me closer to him when we heard a knock on the door. 

'Lockwood? Lucy? Are you in here? I found out something about the mirror.' We pulled away from each other, breathing heavily, cheeks red. 

'Coming!' Lockwood shouted while grinning. 

'Let's go.' He stood up and held out his hand, which I took, and walked to the door with him. He kissed my lips gently and mouthed, 'I think I like you, Lucy Carlyle.'

'I think I like you too Anthony Lockwood', I mouthed back.

'ARE YOU COMING?'

So, I hope you liked it! I have like- 5 more ideas, so stay tuned!

Also, please check out my other story, The Ones We Hate, it's pretty good, and if you're a major swiftie like me, it has a lot of references that'll make you giggle.