Never Forget (pt. 2)

'So...I was the ONLY person you could come to with all of this?' He sighed.

'Makes sense. Holly should die, as should the other one, and don't even get me started on the gruesome list I have prepared for the things I'll do to Cubbins once I'm out of this jar. And...' he smirked. 'You certainly can't tell Lockwood. So...? Spit it out.'

I took a deep breath and told him everything. How Lockwood had told me he loved me, how he didn't think I heard him, but I DID, and how he was refusing to tell me he had confessed, and how I couldn't confess because I didn't know if I even loved him.

He sighed(again). 'Well Lucy, I don't know what you expect me to do with all of this I wouldn't call myself a "romance expert"'. He wiggled his eye sockets suggestively. 'But it's obvious you love him. Just confess in the best, most dramatic way possible. Like this: Oh darling! Oh, I think of you day and night! I sketch you! I go on and on about you to my best friend, skully, even though he would prefer to be out of the jar strangling Cubbins. I lovvveee you, Lockwood!! Loverboy won't mind...' he grinned.

I scowled at it and closed the lever. 'You're right skull. I do love him. I guess I just didn't see it. I'll just pop by his room and tell him I love him. Simple.

I sighed and walked over to the door and walked to Lockwood's room. Just as I was about to enter, Holly shoved me out of the way and practically dragged me to my room. 

Only then did I notice the over-bulging bag of clothes at her side.

                                *******************************

After what felt like 100 dresses, Holly picked out the perfect one.

It was a midnight-blue, floor-length, silky dress with a cross back. 

(Something like this)

Holly had picked out a necklace to go with it, but I had refused to part with the one Lockwood gave me, even if it was a blind date. 

Oh, yes. I was going on a blind date. I had hoped it was with Lockwood, but Holly had told me he was out on a case. She told me I needed to go out and "socialize" more.

After an HOUR of styling my hair and applying makeup, Holly was finally done. When I saw myself in the mirror, I could not believe my eyes. I was looking...stunning.

stunning