Chapter 9: Moving on up.

|Za 'Nyla Ayaire Wright| June 9th 3 PM|

We had been to three different apartment complexes who all want a thousand dollars a month for a one bed one bath in the projects. Yeah, no thank you. Now were on our way to the complex corda thinks will be perfect. We pull into a gated community with automated gate opening once the car reaches a certain place, I can't say I don't like that. There are also parking space covering and very spacious parking as well. 

Cordaye parked at the leasing office, we got out to go see if they had any available spaces and if they would be willing to show it to us. "Yes ma'am, we have one available and is ready for viewing right now, if you like?" The lady at the front desk says. "That'll be perfect." I Responded as she began to lead the way out of the office. Cordaye chuckled to herself while we walked. "What?" I asked her. "Oh nothing." she smiled. 'Laced' is the only thing I could think of. 

Once we got there, she started to explain some of the mainstream things. "Okay we have two units available at this moment. This one here is a two bed two baths it also has a balcony washing drying here and there's a gym downstairs to the left." she explained. "This unit will be available to move in a week, and rent will be 1,150. Deposit is 2,300 being two months' rent." she spoke as we looked around the apartment. It's a pretty decent sized kitchen with an island in the middle with stools that lead into the living room with a hallway that leads down to a room and guest bath. Main bedroom with double doors is connected to the living room, with the bathroom being inside of it. 

"I like it." Cordaye said. I agreed with a nod of approval. It has no damage to it with freshly painted walls and new flooring installed. "I do to I really like it." I smiled. "Glad you like it did you ladies want to see the one bedroom still?" she asked. "Yes please." I responded. After she showed us the second house, Corda and I figured why not move in together the one bed one bath was 1,000 a month for rent with damn near the same deposit.  Two beds just one fifty extra might as well. Once we decided that we ran it by the lady who we know now to be the manager. She went over things like late fee's, parties, and pool rules after checking my credit. She then went over pay stubs which were very false since I'm currently unemployed until tomorrow.

She confirmed us moving in, we signed the lease paid the deposit of 2,300. She then gave us the date July 17th for us to move in. "Now at night ladies, I cannot stress this enough, please if you are taking your trash out have someone with you. There are only cameras and lights on the parking lots to ensure your cars. The trash is a darker area especially at night so proceed with caution." She warned us. "Yes ma'am, if you don't mind me asking has something happened before?" Cordaye asked her. 

"Yes, a lady lost her life due to internal bleeding from a man assaulting her right beside the trash. Now I warn everyone you never know the kind of sickness that lies in the night until it hits you." She spoke. As she said that I could feel my blood boiling. The sickest shit you could ever do strip a lady of her pride, her strength, and womanhood because of greed it's disgusting. "I am so sorry." I said to her it's the only thing I could think of I can tell she feels responsible. "It's not your fault. I've been trying to get at least some lights over there but... it's no use. " She responded. "Well ladies were all done here please always remember that advice even if you have to sit it outside until the morning. Now in about a week everything will be ready for you were waiting on all paints to completely dry and you're free to move everything in. Thank you, ladies. And if you have any problems or questions, please feel free to call and ask for Natalie." she spoke as we made our way out of the leasing office. "Thank you, Ms. Natalie, nice meeting you see you in a week." I spoke and we climbed into the car. 

"ooo bitch we got an apartment." Corda said happy rocking along in her seat as she pulled up to a red light. "Bitch look at Xander." Cordaye said watching as Xander exits his car and walks into the gas station. Once the light tuns green Corda pulls into the station. "What is y'all doing?" He asked coming out of the store with a pack of gars and a calypso. "Nothing just came from signing our leasee." Corda said jigging in her seat again and we both smiled. "Ohhh shit okay sis I see you. Hey Nunu." He spoke with a smile once he finished dapping up Corda. Oh bitch you gang for real. "I think you just like pissing me off." I said sitting back in the seat with my arms folded. "You a brat." he laughed. "Y'all want me to take y'all out for drinks?" he asked. "Well, were never ones to turn down free drinks." Cordaye responded. "Alright imma call the guys see if they down. Meet me at uh Dukes." He said as he walked to his car holding his phone to his ear. "Bet, we finna go get cute first." She told him he nodded his head and we left to go get dressed. 

5:30 pm

"Hello?" I heard corda say as she connected a facetime call. Right now, we were in the restroom at the house doing our hair. "What you doing?" I heard who i believed to be Jah. "Nothing getting ready to go out for celebratory drinks." she said. "Mm what you celebrating?" he asked her. " Me and Nyny got an apartment." She smiled sitting her camera up so he can see us. "Good shit congratulations. Hey Nyla." he smiled back. "Hey Jah." I spoke back. "What time you get off?" Cordaye asked him. "At 6 where ya finna have drinks at?" he asked. "At Dukes with Xan, Andy, and Niva. You gone come when you get off?" She asked him poking her lip out. "Yeah, imma be there." he responded pulling his bottom lip into his mouth. "You gone come back with me after?" he asked her smiling. "Yeah, imma grab me some clothes afterwards and I'll be over there." She said smiling again. "I see I'm finna be bored tonight." I sighed. "Aww now I feel bad. You wanna come too Nyla?" Jah asked me. "Uh hell nah I just don't wanna hear all that, then imma be sitting in the living room doing the same thing I could be doing here." I responded. 

"Hold on Jah. Xan calling me." she said and switched over the facetime call once he said 'alright'. "Y'all finna be paying for y'all own shit." He said as the call connected. "And y'all still at the house you finna piss-" Corda cut him off. "Alexander Lamonti calm yo damn nerves make me feel like I'm in trouble every time you call me." she said mugging the camera as she threw the front of her hair into her half ponytail. "Man, where is Za 'Nyla?" He asked. "Damn now I feel like I'm in trouble. Yes daddy?" I said moving into the camera. "Don't play w- Man bring y'all asses on I got some business to handle." he hollered on the other side. "He tryna play tuff I seen that smile forming you li freak hoe." Corda said smirking at him. He smacked his lips and hung up in her face, while we laughed hard as fuck. 

"Alright bitch come on for he loses his shit." Corda said. 

5:53 pm

Once we got to 'Dukes' Cordaye pulled right beside Xan's truck, and we all got out at the same time. All being me, Corda, Xan, Andy, and Niva. "Hey Nivaa." I said smiling and waving "Hey girlll you look ate the fuck up." She said giving me that 'go head girl' look. I did a 360 while posing for her. "Bam. Bam. Bam." She said every time I took a pose. "Andy come take my pictures." Corda said handing him her phone. He took the pictures and we went in to sit down. 

finesscc:

liked by jo

liked by jo.smoove and 312 others

rockoutjah: chill out... 😍

whiteboyandy: @rockoutjah FOMF. 😒

thatmanxan: Yeah sis. 🤩

THEonlynyla: what's 4+4 bitch?  😍😍

itsgreeneyes: @theonlynyla 8 bitchhh!!😘😂

theplugman: damn ma. 😍🥴

rockoutjah:@theplugman cut that shit short.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope y'all enjoyed I'm making em longer now I didn't realize how short they were at first...😂

signing out hoesss!