The decision

It’s been a week since the day I left Leah at the hotel after the euros. Mya’s funeral was yesterday. It was the hardest day of my life so far. Saying goodbye to my baby sister but also to my parents, we had a massive argument after the wake. I dropped them home and they told me that I should of came home when I heard what had happened but I got annoyed and shouted at them because it was my Mum that told me to stay. I was going to go home. Anyway, they both told me that they wanted nothing to do with me. In my head that cemented my thoughts, I was defiantly leaving Birmingham and Aston Villa.

I hadn’t decided where I was going yet. I had offers from all over the WSL but the three I was debating were Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I know my dream club is there and I want to go but would it put too much pressure on me and Leah.

My heart was saying Arsenal but my head was thinking is this logical. I have a meeting with my agent in a few hours to decide where I would go.

Right now, I’m going to get my sisters name tattooed on my wrist. That way I know she will always be with me.

I texted Leah a picture after I got it done.

Leah💕- That looks awesome. I’m glad you did it x

Dani- Thanks I needed to. What you up to today? X

Leah💕 – Flying home. So just packing the last of my things. What are you doing? X

Dani – Going to see my agent. Going to tell him I’m going to spurs 🤣 x

Leah💕- Don’t you dare😡x

Dani – What about Chelsea then or west ham🤣 I would still be close to you x

Leah💕- Seriously babe, do what is best for you. We will work out our relationship wherever you are x

Dani- In all honesty Le, I haven’t decided yet but I know where my heart is x

Leah💕 - ❤❤❤

I arrived at my agents office five minutes early. I was waiting in the waiting area and he came out to get me. “Dani, Nice to see you” He pointed me in the direction of his office.

“Hi Brian, How are you?” I asked

“I’m doing well. I was sorry to hear about your sister”

“Thanks” I said. We sat down in his office.

“So Dani, Any ideas on which team you want to go to” He asked

“Can you tell me what the offers are from Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal” I asked

He opened up his laptop. Then said “Man United are offering 2 years on the same money as you are now”

“I don’t need to know the money just the years they are offering. I need a bit of security” I said

He said “ok, Chelsea is 12 months with a possible extension after 6 months depending on how you play and Arsenal are offering 3 years so till 2025. What do you think?”

“I don’t think its even a question I have to go to Arsenal” I said

He said “I will sort out the paperwork and let you know when you need to go to the club and sign your contract” I nodded. He then said “Do you need any estate agents numbers”

I said “No it’s fine. I have friends there they will help me out”

I left his office. I walked to my car an got in. I had to tell someone; I knew Leah would be boarding her flight so I sent her a message.

Leah💕- Hey Le, Can you call me when you get home please. No rush. Would just love to hear your voice x

I then found Beth’s number in my phone and pressed the call button. She was in Greece with Viv but I knew she would answer.

“Hi Dan, Everything ok” She said

“Yeah, sorry for interrupting your holiday. I have news but I can’t tell Leah because she is on a plane” I said

She replied with “So I’m your second choice”

I said “Well yeah”

She said “Just tell me” she started laughing so I knew she was joking

“I just decided on my new club. I’m leaving Villa”

“What, Please tell me what I think you are” she said

“I’m going to be a Gooner like you” I shouted

All I could hear was Beth screaming then she told Viv who came on the phone. She said “Congratulations I can’t wait to play with you”

I replied “Me either Viv” I think they put the phone on loudspeaker so they could both hear me.

“So, my next question is, Do you know of any apartments going in St Albans” I asked

“Why don’t you stay with me?” Beth said

“Really, You don’t mind?” I asked

“No, I would love it. It would be like England camp all the time” Beth said

“Thanks Beth” I said

“When you got to come down” Beth asked

“I don’t know yet but I would assume for the start of training” I said

Viv said “That’s next week”

I said “I just have to pack up my stuff and say bye to the team but they are already back at training so I can go this week”

Later on that night I was at home I was packing some of my stuff. I told Hannah when I got home, she was happy for me. I know we will always be close friends. I will miss her.

My phone started ringing it was actually a face time call from Leah. I answered and said “Hi beautiful” She said “Hey, I know you wanted to hear my voice but I thought I would do one better”

“You’re amazing. You know that right” I said

She shook her head and said “You are though”

I smiled at her “Do you want to know my news”

She laughed and said “Only if it’s what I want to hear”

“Your in luck then. I’m moving to Arsenal”

She smiled and said “Are you really”

“yeah I am. I told you it's where my heart is”

“Well, you have supported us your whole life” She said

I replied “Yeah that to but I meant you. I’m not trying to push things with us but I needed to be closer to you”

“It’s what I want to” She said “Looks like you’re already packing”

“Yeah, I started about 40 minutes ago” I said

She asked “So you got somewhere to live yet”

I said “Well, I have actually. I spoke to Beth cos I had to tell someone and she asked me to move in with her” She looked a little upset so I said “What’s wrong?”

She replied “I was going to ask you to move in with me”

“Really? Leah, I love you but that’s the reason I can’t. I want us to be together but I don’t want us to rush into moving in together”

“We’ve known each other a long time though” she said

“I know but we are only just starting out. I don’t want to ruin things before we really begin” I said

She smiled and said “I get what you're saying”

I then said laughing “You are probably going to see me all the time anyway”

“Yeah, that is probably true. You can’t be without me unless you have to be” she said.