Telling Jordan

Me, Leah and Lotte got to St Georges Park earlier then most of the other players as they played their games later or Lucy, Keira’s and Georgia’s flights hadn’t got in yet. I actually think we were the first to arrive so we went to our rooms to unpack and settle in a bit. Lotte was first to her room and we waved bye.

I stopped at my room and Leah said “this is my room to”

This is the first time we shared a room since we split up. Then she said “is Beth going to be ok with this”

I replied “do we really have much choice though. If we ask to swap Sarina will want to know why”

“I’m ok with it, I just didn’t want Beth to be funny about it” Leah said

I said “I’m sure she will understand Le”

We went in and unpacked and then lay on the bed that each of us wanted. I turned my head, she turned hers at the same time and we both started laughing then she said “what”

I said “can I ask you something. Best friend to best friend”

“yeah of course” She said

I asked “so you like Lia right?”

Leah looked at me and raised her eyebrows and said “how did you know?”

“Truthfully, because I know you. The way you act around her is different” I said

“Do you think anybody else has noticed?” Leah asked

I said “maybe Beth from the way you and Lia were on your birthday. But I don’t think anyone else has”

“I’m not sure she is ready to start anything yet. She was pretty hurt after her split with Caitlin and I’m just trying to be a good friend” Leah said

“Yep, I know what that’s like” I said

She said “what do you mean?”

“That’s how me and Beth started out wasn’t it” I said. Then I said “talking about Beth I should call her and tell her about this situation”

I went into the hallway and called Beth she answered after a couple of rings. She said “hey, I wasn’t expecting you to call this early. I’m with Viv”

“So, you can’t talk?” I said

She said “not really”

“Call me when you can then” I said and I know that I sounded annoyed. I put the phone down without even saying bye. I went back into the room and Leah said “that was quick”

“She said she couldn’t talk because she was with Viv” I said

“So, what did you do” she asked

 I answered “I told her to call me when she could talk”

“And you sounded this annoyed?” She asked

“No probably more so” I said. I looked at the time and said “do you want to go down? I bet some of the other girls are here now”

“Nice swerve. You could of just said that you don’t want to talk about it. But yeah, we will”

Jordan arrived quite late, I knew that I needed to talk to her at some point at this camp.

She came over to me and Leah we were just chatting to ourselves. There was a weird atmosphere with them I didn’t understand. I would ask Leah later but for now I ignored it. Jordan said “Hey guys”

Leah said “hey” but she didn’t hug Jordan which I thought was weird to.

I said “Hi Jord” I did hug her and she hugged me back it was nice.

Just then Leah said “I’ve got to go and talk to Sarina, I’ll catch you guys later”

We both said “bye” at the same time.

Then I said “shall we go and talk somewhere? You look like something is up”

“Yeah, but where” she said

I said “we will go to my room. My room mate is clearly busy”

“Who’s your room mate” Jordan asked

“Leah” I said

We went to the room. Jordan sat on Leah’s bed and I sat next to her, then I said “you look so down Jord”

“I’m trying to deal with the break up but it’s been hard, you two seem to be getting on well though” Jordan said

“Yeah, we do, we’re friends” I said

She said “you don’t find it hard?”

“At first I avoided her a bit but now we spend quite a bit of time together” I said

“I suppose it just takes time. I know she was right; the distance was too much. You seem over the break up though” she said

“It was hard at first and I will always have love for Leah and for you but I think it was the right thing” I said

“Yeah, I think your right” she smiled and then said “so I spoke to Katie and she said that Beth was seeing someone new. Do you know who it is?”

“It’s pretty new, I know she hasn’t told Viv yet so it won’t become public knowledge until then” I said

“Katie said that Beth hasn’t been with anyone new she is only ever seen with you, Leah or Wally” Jordan said

I said “’yeah, we spend a lot of time together the four of us”

“So, it has to be one of you she is seeing” I didn’t say anything. Then she said “Is she seeing Leah because that would make sense as to why Leah just had to get away from me”

I said “no Jord she isn’t seeing Leah. Beth is with seeing me”

Jordan looked surprised and said “wow, really”

“Yeah, but it is early days and no one knows except Leah” I said

“I won’t tell anyone and for what it’s worth I’m happy for you” Jordan said

I said “It’s worth a lot. I wanted you to hear it from me”

Jordan hugged me and said “I have to go but we will hang out at this camp yeah”

I said “yeah of course. I’m looking forward to it”

Not long after Jordan left Beth called me, I answered the phone and said “hey, I’m sorry about earlier”

Beth said “hey, It’s ok. I get it. Did you need to talk to me?”

“Yeah, I wanted to make sure that you was ok with my room mate assignment” I said

“Who did you get?” Beth asked

“Leah” I said

Beth was silent for a couple of seconds and then said “I suppose I’ll have to be. It’s not like you can change it”

I said “we probably could but then Sarina would have to know the reason”

“It doesn’t matter babe. It’s fine” Beth said. Then she said “where is Leah?”

I said “I don’t actually know, she scarpered earlier when Jordan came to talk to us. I told her by the way”

“How did she take it?” Beth asked

I said “really well actually she said that she was happy for us and she isn’t going to tell anyone either”

Then Beth said “I know us not telling anyone is hard but in the end, it will be better”

“I hope so” I said