Feels like family again

I got into position for the second half of game against Leeds.

I had the first chance of the second half, Katie crossed the ball in and I head towards goal but it’s just wide.

2 minutes later I pass the ball to Maanum who shoots from outside the box but the shot is blocked.

In the 50th minute Stina has a shot that is blocked. The ball goes out for a corner.

Katie takes Lotte gets on the end with her head but its over the bar.

We have another corner in the 58th minute which Katie take again. She crosses in Hurtig is first to it with her head it goes into the centre of the goal. 4-0 to us.

Stina has a couple of shots over the next 6/7 minutes but they are saved.

We have a corner in the 69th minute this time Maanum takes the corner. She crosses in Jen Beattie heads into the back of the net. 5-0 to us.

2 minutes later I pass the ball through to Stina who shoots and scores. 6-0 Arsenal

In the 75th minute Frida plays in Stina she shoots again and it goes into the bottom right of the net. 7-0 now.

Katie McCabe is then replaced by Agyemang.

5 minutes later Hurtig has a shot that is saved by the keeper but she can’t keep hold of the ball and it falls to Agyemang she shoots and scores. Her first Arsenal goal. We all run over to congratulate her. 8-0 to us.

In the 82nd minute Hurtig has shot that is saved but the ball goes out for a corner. Maanum takes the corner. It is swung in but a defender clears the ball but it comes straight to me on the outside of the area. I shoot and it goes in the bottom right corner of the net 9-0 to us. Everyone runs over to celebrate with me. This definitely feels like my family again.

The game finishes 9-0.

One of the leeds players asks for my shirt and I swap with her.

Leah makes a point of finding Amy Woodruff to give her her shirt as she asked for it in a twitter post of course Leah answered only if I get to have yours. They chatted and took pictures. Leah was too sweet. Part of the reason why I love this girl so much.  

A week later we play West ham away. I’m starting on the bench and Leah is playing in midfield.

Lia Walti is out injured.

I come on in the 68th minute for Hurtig but the whole game is uneventful. Neither side scores. The game finishes 0-0.

On the way home we are all pretty disappointed in ourselves we had quite a few shots but we weren’t clinical enough. Something to work on in training. We can’t dwell on it too much. We have to prepare for our conti cup semi final clash with Man city in 3 days.