Conti cup semi-final

We are playing at Meadow Park tonight. Both Leah and I are in the starting line up.

We are playing a formation of 3-5-2. I’m playing in the centre of midfield again today. I’m so up for this game and making it to the final of the Conti cup.

Man city start well they have a corner in the third minute but we are able to get the ball away. The first chance falls to us and its Laura Wienroither with the shot but its saved by MacIver she pushes the ball away for a corner that leads to nothing.

In the 9th minute Shaw goes down with an injury but she can continue.

They have a shot in the 12th minute Hemp shoots from a difficult anger. The shot is saved by D’Angelo.

In the 16th minute Katie gets fouled on the left wing but no advantage is taken from it.

Over the next couple of minutes both teams concedes a couple of fouls.

Over the next 8 minutes man city have a number of shots that are high or wide.

In the 34th minute Chloe Kelly fouls Katie and gets booked.

4 minutes later Foord has a shot but its high over the bar.

In the 40th minute Leah makes a run from defence I pass her the ball just outside the box. She shoots with her left foot but its just wide of the goal.

A minute later Foord has a shot that is blocked.

Then in the 43rd minute Chloe Kelly fouls Katie again and it definitely a bookable offence but the ref doesn’t go to her pocket. She should have been sent off. Katie is furious. Leah goes over to calm her down and move her on she doesn’t need to get booked as well.

The whistle goes for half time.

We go into the changing room. Katie is still angry. Leah sits next to her and calms her down. Then they start laughing and joking. I’m not sure why this makes me so jealous they are friends and nothing more. I can’t even look at them so I put my head down and keep it down. After Jonas has said his piece, he leaves and Leah comes back over to sit next to me. She said “what’s wrong”

I look up at her and say “nothing, just trying to keep focussed on the game” She nodded but I’m not sure that she believed it.

We went back out onto the pitch. The second half starts. Man city start off the better side again.

Angeldahl has a shot but D’Angelo saves the ball.

We concede a couple of fouls. The last one committed by Lotte on Castellanos which leads to Lotte being booked.

In the 57th minute Kim has a shot from outside the area that is blocked by a defender.

Right down the other end Rafa concedes a corner. Shaw is the first player to it but the ball is saved but put out for a corner.

Alanna Kennedy is the first to the corner she shoots but its wide of the goal.

In the 61st minute Leah fouls Lauren Hemp on the left wing. D’Angelo puts the ball behind for a corner to them.

The corner falls to Kelly but D’Angelo saves the shot. They have another corner. They are first to the ball again but this time it’s Angeldahl with the shot but it’s too high.

In the 64th minute Khul, Lotte and myself are replaced by Stina, Hurtig and Catley.

I go and sit on the bench. I sit next to Walti. I’m trying to keep my concentration on the game but my mind just wonders. I can’t get Leah and Katie out of my head.

The next thing I know Leah is sitting down next to me. Jen Beattie has gone on to replace her.

She asks if I’m ok. I nod and continue watching the game.

Neither side scores in the 90 minutes. So the game goes to extra time.

3 minutes into extra time Hurtig crosses the ball into Stina and she puts it into the back of the net.

We are all up cheering. I hug Leah and then Walti and we sit back down. I now can’t take my eyes off the game. They try everything to score but we defend well for the rest of extra time. The whistle goes at the end and we are all up running to the players on the pitch. I did notice that Leah went to Katie first maybe its just a coincidence but I know I have to leave it. We are in the final of the conti cup. I can’t believe it.