Beth's regret

I had a text off Lia Walti just before I was about to get ready it said

Lia- Hey Dani, is there any chance I can go with you tonight. Me and Caitlin was fighting quite a bit and we split last week. I don’t want to turn up by myself x

Dani- yeah of course, I’ll pick you up on the way probably around 6.45pm. you ever need to talk though you know where I am x

Lia- That’s fine and thanks x

I heard Beth had already showered so I got up to shower, I already got out the clothes I was wearing earlier. I showered came back to my room, dressed into my black jeans, white t-shirt and my panda dunks, I had a black bomber jacket as well but just carried it for now.

I walked through to the living room; Beth was sitting on the sofa she was wearing blue ripped jeans a white t-shirt with some white trainers and a blue denim jacket. I looked at her and said “you look amazing” Just then the door bell went. I went and opened the door to Viv.

She smiled and said “hi Dani”

“Hi Viv, come in” she walked into the living room and I heard her tell Beth she looked nice. I walked in after her. Beth said “Dan are you gonna come with us”

I saw the look on Viv’s face and then she said “I thought that”

I cut her off and said “I’m going to pick Lia up anyway. Don’t worry I’ll take my car”

I saw the way Beth looked when I said that. I didn’t know what it even meant. I looked at the time and said “I’ve got to go, I’ll see you both there”

When Lia and I walked into the venue there was a few of the players here but not many. A lot of the staff were already here. Beth, Viv and Kim were sitting at a table, Kim called us over but we went to get a drink first then we went to the table. I did notice that Viv had her arm around Beth but I acted like I didn’t see it. Lia sat next to Viv and I sat between Kim and Beth, Beth said to Lia “no Caitlin tonight”

Lia said “you didn’t tell her” I shook my head. She carried on “we broke up last week, she moved out as well so I don’t know where she is”

Beth said “sorry”

“Me to” Lia replied

Once everyone had arrived, we all spoke to others at points, some went to dance. I still didn’t want to be here but I would make some sort of an effort.

Leah, Beth, Caitlin, Steph, Jen and Katie were dancing. I kept on looking over and so did Lia, Viv didn’t even take her eyes off what was happening. Caitlin was getting close to Beth it looked like they were talking at first then all of a sudden Caitlin went to kiss Beth but Beth moved out the way and shook her head. Beth looked over and Viv got up and walked away. Beth saw and she walked in the direction that Viv went. As she walked past I made eye contact with her and she hesitated for a second then she carried on. I turned to Lia and asked “are you ok”

She said “not really, I’m gonna get a cab home”

I said “no, I’ll take you. I want to go to”

“Are you sure” she said

I nodded

As soon as I got home, I got changed into some comfortable clothes. I saw Beth’s hoodie hanging over the back of the sofa so I put it on. I needed to feel close to her. I feel like we are drifting apart and there’s nothing I can do about it. It hurts.

I was sitting there looking through my photos and I teared up when I got to pictures of my sister and my parents. Beth then walked in she looked at me, sat next to me and pulled me into a hug. She said “what’s the matter” I just showed her my phone and she said “oh”

We were silent for ages but she didn’t let go of me, then she said “heyyyyyy”

I pulled away a bit but made sure we were still touching. She made eye contact with me and said “you have my hoodie on”

I smiled and said “I needed to be close to you”

Beth then said “I think we need to talk”

“I know” I said. She moved away a bit and I knew I was already on the verge of crying.

Beth started by saying “I felt like I was getting mixed signals from you. You kiss me and then your always talking to Leah. The night of the final I thought that you two were going to get back together. Then earlier when you said that you were going to pick Lia up, I thought you meant the other Leah and my heart sunk”

“You sent me mixed signals to” I said

She nodded and said “I know”

“Can I ask you something” I asked

Beth said “yeah”

“Did you sleep with Viv the other night” I said

She just nodded. It actually really hurt to hear it; tears started to fall. In that moment without me even saying anything Beth could see the way that I feel about her.

She took my hand and said “I’m sorry. It’s something that I regret not only did I hurt you but I hurt Viv as well and I kind of used her in a way. I spoke to Viv tonight and I cleared things up, I apologised and told her that me and her are over. She asked if there was someone else. I told her there was, she doesn’t know that it’s you”

“I honestly thought you was gonna tell me you got back together” I said

Beth said “I want to be with you”

I smiled and said “I want to be with you”

She moved back towards me and looked me in the eye then she leaned in to kiss me, of course I kissed her back. She pulled away and said “does this mean you’re my girlfriend now”

I said “I suppose it does” I looked down, we were still holding hands and I said “are we gonna tell people”

Beth said “for now can we keep it quiet, I need to talk to Viv and you need to talk to Leah but after that we can tell the whole world”

I smiled and kissed her again