You really like her don't you

After the trophy lift and a bit of celebrating with the fans we were able to go and see our friends and family in the bar for a bit. As we all walked in, we went over to our respective friends and family. I walked over to Beth and I felt my eyes fill with tears, I hugged her and it was a bit prolonged thankfully no one was paying attention to us. She pulled away and looked and me and said “what’s wrong?”

I said “I just missed you that’s all”

“I missed you too” Beth said

I wanted to hold her hand so much but I knew that I couldn’t. We talked for a bit then Leah came over to say hello to Beth. I spotted Leah’s Mum so thought I would go and say hi. I walked over to her and said “hi Amanda”

She said “Dani, come here” she gave me a hug and said “It’s nice to see you”

“it’s nice to see you too” I said

“Leah told me what happened, I’m glad your still able to stay friends with her”’ Amanda said

I said “I will always be Leah’s friend, she has a good heart. I know she was sorry for what happened. I’m not prepared to lose her altogether she is still family to me”

Leah and Beth were stood behind me when I said that. I turned to see them and Leah had a smile on her face.

After about an hour or so of talking to people I just wanted to get Beth on her own just for 5 minutes. But I knew it probably wouldn’t happen. I left the room I needed a minute to compose myself. I found an empty room and just sat on the table that was in there. Then I saw Beth come in and she said “why are you sneaking off?”

“I just needed a minute. Too many people in there” I said

She came over to me and stood between my legs facing me. She leaned in and kissed me; I kissed her back. When she pulled away, she put her forehead against mine and said “I can’t wait for you to come home”   

“I can’t wait either babe” I said and I smiled at her. She went to kiss me again until we heard raised voices, she pulled away but me and her both knew who the raised voices were, they came into the room we were in. They looked at me and Beth and Leah said “sorry, were you having a moment?”

Beth said “we were, but it’s fine. What’s up with you two?”

“I don’t like being ignored; how can you be friends with Dani but not me?” Jordan said

I felt like they needed to have this conversation so I said “do you want us to go?” They both shook their heads. I got up and closed the door so it was somewhat private. I went back to where I was sitting. Beth was still stood side on in front of me but she was holding my hand.

Leah said “Me and Dani were friends for a long time before we got together. Me and her have a different dynamic to what me and you have, we were together on and off for a long time. I don’t know how to be friends with you so it’s going to take time to work out how to”

“In the meantime your going to ignore me?” Jordan said

“I don’t mean to ignore you; I’m trying to navigate all this” Leah said

There was a knock on the door, Beth quickly let go of my hand and moved away from me. Then the door opened, it was Georgia and Lucy. Lucy said “’what are you guys doing in here? we have to go”

Leah said “’we were just trying to sort some things out. Let’s go and say goodbye. They all left the room. I got up to follow them but Beth pulled me back, I looked at the floor, She reached for my hand and said “I’m sorry”

I looked up at her and said “’I know” I gave her a hug and embraced her tightly. I pulled away and she kissed me again. Then she said “I’ll see you soon”

I smiled and said “yeah you will”

Later that night both me and Leah were lying in bed. I could see she was staring at the ceiling, I said “do you want to talk about it?”

“Honestly Dan, it’s just so hard with Jordan she is needy even as just a friend. It’s easy with you because you don’t expect anything we are just us. Where as Jordan always needs to know why or how or when. I don’t have the answers for her. That’s why I ignore her I just don’t know what to say”

“And you can’t tell her that?” I said

“no, it sounds bad and I don’t want to hurt her anymore than I already have” Leah said

I said “I get it, maybe that’s what you need to say, that you need time because you don’t want to hurt her anymore”

“Maybe your right, thanks Dani” Leah said

“What are best friends for” I said

We were silent for a minute and she said “I’m sorry for ruining your moment with Beth”

“It’s fine Le, don’t worry about it. You didn’t know” I said

“When is she going to tell Viv, she moved away from you pretty quickly when Georgia and Lucy came in. You can’t live your life like that” Leah said

I said “I don’t know Leah; she knows my thoughts on it. She said that it isn’t the right time”

“You were hurt though; did she not see that” Leah said

I said “’yeah, she saw and she apologised like she always does. I guess that I just have to wait”

“But you can only wait for so long” Leah said

I replied “I don’t know how long I will wait but I’m prepared to wait as long as it takes at the minute. I’m not sure if my feelings will change down the line but if it’s what I have to do now then I will”

Leah said “you really like her don’t you”

I said “yeah Le, I do”