Chapter 2

"Come on, man, hurry up! You're going to be late for the first day!" Tim shouted from the first floor of the house.

"I'm coming! Give me a second!" Kevin shouted from his room as he looked at himself in the mirror.

After making sure his hair looked good, he hurried downstairs to meet his brother Tim who was waiting impatiently for him.

-"Oh God, that took you so long!" Tim snorted, "Come on, move your ass, if you're late it's going to be my fault." The two of them went out the door of their house and got into the car. It was a bit old-fashioned, but it still ran. It didn't take them long to get to the school. After saying goodbye to his brother, Kevin got out of the car and walked towards the school.

He was excited and somewhat nervous at the same time. This was his last year of high school. After that year, he would be a grown man, and he would have to make adult decisions. This confused him, because on the one hand he was interested in going to college, and on the other hand he had a great passion: music. He liked the arts in general, but especially music. But he still had a year left to decide his future. As he walked down the hallway, he said hello to the friends and classmates he saw. He looked for his locker and after placing his books in it, he headed to his first class: Mathematics.   

When he entered the classroom, he greeted his classmates and sat down at a desk at the back of the class. The class was noisy because all the students were chatting at the same time. But they fell silent when Mrs. Cooper, their teacher, entered the classroom. She was not alone: she was accompanied by a tall, red-haired girl with wavy hair and hazel eyes.

"Silence, please." the teacher asked. All the students obeyed. Mrs. Cooper was known for her bad temper, and no one wanted to make her angry, "As you can see, you have a new classmate. Her name is Greta McNamara, and she arrived just yesterday from New York. I hope you will be good colleagues and give her a good reception."

The red-haired girl just smiled, looking around the class. Kevin, like the whole class, watched the girl. She was cute, and seemed pretty clever. Although he hadn't spoken to her, he couldn't help but like her.

"Greta, please sit at one of the empty desks. Let's start the lesson," Greta nodded and sat down at the first desk she came across with. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A couple of hours passed, and they were in chemistry class. Kevin wanted to strike up a conversation with the new girl, since no one had talked to her in the last couple of hours, and he felt sorry for her because she seemed nice. But as chance would have it, she was sitting next to him in chemistry class. The teacher had decided to have a practical class, and the students were allowed to talk to each other and ask any questions. So he took the opportunity.

" Hey, how're you doing?" Greta turned to look at the boy who had spoken to her, and couldn't help smiling "Your name was Greta, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, that's my name. And you are..." she said with a strong New York accent that surprised him.

"Kevin, Kevin Richardson," he replied, extending his hand to her. She took it and shook it with a smile.