chapter 1

<< CALIBRATING... >>
<< MUSIC DISC INSERTED!! >>
<< NOW PLAYING: CHESHIRE - ITZY >>
<< DID YOU CHOOSE?: Y/N L/N'S POV >>
<< LOADING POV... >>

Operation Get Muichiro to Fall in Love with Me will not fail. I won't allow it.

I swiftly put on my uniform, which consisted of a black shirt with a bit of sailor detailing, a green bow, and a black skirt with knee-high socks. I've never liked the uniforms, I find them itchy and uncomfortable. You will never catch me wearing this shit willingly.

Aoi is pounding on my door however, yelling at me and saying something that I can't hear like, at all. I put on a bit of makeup, take my favorite lip gloss with me in my bag, pack my books and everything, and I'm all set.

Opening the door, Aoi is panting and holding herself up by grabbing her knees for dear life. "Woah, what the hell happened?

"Bitch, you happened!" She cried. "I was pounding on the door because your little crush was walking to school! He walks to school using this route, dumbass!"

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck.

So which one of you was going to tell me this?

"What?!" Literally start my funeral. Right here, right now. I'm casket ready, and this uniform is definitely something that someone would die in. "Okay, you know what, let's just walk."

--

We met up with Kanao, and here was my big chance. I walked up to her, puffed my chest tall...

Okay, maybe she is my best friend? I don't know why I'm making this such a big deal, like just ask her... dumbass... But what if she says no? What if she looks at me funky? What if she thinks I'm weird and abandons me? What if she ignores me? Did I say anything rude to her these past few weeks?

"Kanao, hey! We have to work on our project!"

Damn it, Tanjiro. If you didn't act like such a golden retriever I would probably hate your shit timing.

Okay, maybe phase one of the plan could wait.

Kanao walked away from the group, waving bye. Aoi, Nezuko, and I continued talking, though.

"I find it so funny how you all like people from the exact same friend group." I added.

Nezuko laughed, before turning it on me. "Last time I checked, Muichiro sits with them too. So... you're not special."

"You thought you ate that..." Aoi rolled her eyes. "You just looked real stupid."

The bell rung, and that was my cue to accept my defeat and head over to my first period.

--

So tell me why today, out of all days, had to be the day where we move seats?

I stood silently next to another girl in my class. Ms. Kanroji neatly arranged the desks, before finally opening her mouth to speak.