chapter 19

<< SELECTING POV... >>
<< POV SELECTED: Y/N L/N >>
<< MUSIC DISC INSERTED!! >>
<< NOW PLAYING: KNOCK - LEE CHAE YOON >>
<< CALIBRATING... >>

When we get there, only Hakuji and Koyuki are there. They're sitting on a bench.

Daki and Gyutaro have a history of being fashionably late, anyway. Not that I care. They're a bit too self-absorbed for my taste.

Hakuji looks up at us, before he narrows his eyes at me. "Oh, so you actually came?"

"Yeah. We're both tired of that fucker Han." I reply, waving at Koyuki. Koyuki smiles at me. She was always the only tolerable person in this friend group.

"Nice to meet you, Muichiro." He's being surprisingly nice, for whatever reason. Usually he's kind of a bitch about new people.

"I'm so happy to see you, Y/N!" Koyuki squeals and hugs me. I gently pat her back. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling. I wish she wasn't stuck in this friend group, but it seems like she really likes everybody. "Ah, what's this thing on your neck, Y/N?"

Fuck. I kind of forgot about that. Moving my hand to cover it, I laugh it off. "It's nothing!"

But Muichiro's hand moves to yank my hand off. "It's not nothing."

He's glaring at me. Cool. "How are you and Hakuji?" Change the topic, Y/N. Just change the topic.

"He's a sweetheart! I really love him, y'know?" She's holding his hand in this really cute way. "I'm glad you were finally able find love, Y/N."

"Enough with the cheesy shit." Gyutaro. It's always that bitch Gyutaro, man. His voice feels like nails on a chalkboard, it literally puts me in pain. "Oh, Y/N, you actually came?"

Gyutaro and Daki were approaching Muichiro and I, weirdly enough. And that's when I realized that Gyutaro literally towers over Muichiro and I.

"Why is everyone so surprised?!" I asked, utterly confused. It's not like you guys didn't offer me the deal of the life time? Come on, be fucking for real.

Suddenly, Muichiro is the politest man on Earth and is greeting everyone. Honestly, it feels like I'm introducing my boyfriend to my family!

Don't. Remind me to never do that.

Mom and dad don't need to know about him.

They would murder me, and then murder him. And then they would ground my dead body. Deadass. I'm literally envisioning this shit right now.

Nevermind, I'm at a hangout right now. I can't be thinking about that.

"So, what are we doing?" I asked, walking up to Mui and taking his hand in mine. He gently squeezed my hand back.

"I was thinking of going to the escape room place that just opened up." Daki answered, a small smile etched on her features. "A teamwork puzzle is always a good way to get closer with others."

"Amazing idea, Daki!" Koyuki giggled.

Gyutaro's gaze flickered down to my neck, before shooting Muichiro a look.