chapter 30

<< POV LOCK ON!!: MUICHIRO TOKITO >>
<< MUSIC DISC INSERTED!! >>
<< NOW PLAYING: HEAR ME - (G)-IDLE >>

When my eyes flutter open again, Y/N's peacefully sleeping and breathing. The memories come rushing back to me soon after.

How did I get a girl like her?...

I pull the covers higher on her as I sit up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she snores softly. She looks so adorable.

But the bandaged wrists.

~

genya ig

i broke the promise
im sorry genya

its ok
all you wanted to do was help
no matter how fucked up it was
as long as you fix things with y/n its fine

i think i did
it doesnt feel like it though

ache in your chest?

howd you know?

itll pass, promise

okay
i guess

~

I rub small circles on Y/N's arm as she sleeps. I don't intend on waking her up just because I woke up, that would be selfish.

I think I get it now.

I wanted to fix everything before. I wanted it all to be okay, but that's like trying to pull a wide-toothed comb through matted hair.

It'll take time for everything to fall into place. Everyone has their own problems, after all.

Even I do.

I think I have a better plan for how to fix things. I'm gonna make it easier for them to lean on me, instead of forcing them to. It'll heal with time. I just wanna be there for them.

Just like how they're always there for me.

I really need to figure out those weird moments, though. The ones where I can't breathe and everything starts spinning. Whatever, I'll figure it out later.

Y/N's eyes slowly open, glimmering as they look up at me. "Mui? Are you up?"

"... Maybe." I joke. "Yeah. Did I wake you up?"

"No." She sits up, placing her weight in her palms as she sits next to me. "I missed this."

Are those footsteps?

Familiar ones.

I immediately pull the covers over Y/N and I, covering her with a pillow as I hug her close and face away from the door. "That's Yuichiro." I whisper.

She nods, giving me a silent form of acknowledgement before she nestles closer to me.

My door creaks open. "Muichiro?"