21

———

6:15 PM

My pride has taken enough damage today...

Arlo clears his throat. "What are you doing here?"

"Stop avoiding the question."

Arlo decides to pull a kid move. "If you don't answer my question, then I won't answer yours."

Seraphina rolls her eyes before opening her mouth. "I'm here with John and his dad." she responds, pointing a thumb back to the booth that she left; John and William could be seen conversing about John's self-defense classes.

"...oh."

"Well, since you're here as JoHn'S fOuRtH fAvOriTe fRiEnD, I think you should come with us."

"Only fourth?" Arlo asks jokingly while getting dragged by Seraphina to their table.

"What did you expect?"

"Fair enough."

After a few seconds of dragging the "great Defense King" to the table and earning more strange looks, Seraphina stands proudly in front of a surprised John and confused William.

"Oh hey Sera, welcome back. Who's that?" William asks.

———

John looks both flabbergasted and terrified. As well as...happy...? Ish.

He shakes his head. Maybe this is just someone who looks like Arlo.

"Order number sixty-nine, Arlo!"

The blond dude turns around and leaves to get his order.

Oh sh*t, it is him.

"Look who I found here." Seraphina says casually while dragging Arlo (who was attempting to escape confrontation) back by the shirt collar.

"Oh. Are they one of your friends, John?"

"...I guess."

Seraphina sits down next to John's dad, forcing Arlo to sit next to John.

Ah f*ck, more awkwardness.

———

7:30 PM

"Nice friend you've got there." William days after Seraphina and Arlo leave.

"He's not really a friend..."

"Then what is he? Your boyfriend?" William jokes.

"No! What the f*ck, Dad?"

"Chill out, I was joking." he laughs. "But seriously, if he's not your friend, who is he?"

"...Dunno."

They end up having that conversation.

———

Tuesday, March 13, 20XX

2:00 AM

Remi is now online

Remi: @ RATatouille

RATatouille is now online

Remi: fricking heck, stop blasting Asia

Remi: i can hear it from the girls dorms

RATatouille: Asia...?

Remi: *sia

Remi: autocorrect

———

Crash-!

"Ow..." Isen rubs his head.