𝟐. 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥

A girl returns from the office, moving wearily towards her room. She drops her bag near the door and slumps down on her bed, feeling utterly exhausted after working the whole day.

She sighs deeply, her eyes closing for a moment as she tries to shake off the fatigue. The room is dimly lit, casting a warm glow on the walls, adding a sense of calm after a hectic day.

Moments later, a middle-aged woman enters the room and sits beside her. Instinctively, the girl places her head on the woman's lap, who in return starts caressing her hair gently.

The familiar touch brings a sense of comfort and ease, melting away some of the day's stress."What happened, baccha? You look so tired," asks the woman in a concerned manner, her voice soft and soothing.

"Yes, Maa, today we didn't even get time to have a proper break due to the work pressure. It's the end of the month, and you know our boss... he wants everything perfect," Pihu explains tiredly, massaging her forehead.

The headache from hours of staring at her computer screen and the constant pressure of deadlines is evident in her voice.

"Hmm, I know. Take rest for some time and then come downstairs after freshening up. Your brother is preparing your favorite noodles," says Piyali as she continues to caress her daughter's hair. Her touch is tender, filled with love and understanding, trying to ease her daughter's weariness.

Hearing the word "noodles," Pihu's mood instantly lifts.

Her eyes brighten, and a small smile forms on her lips."Ohhh, then I'm coming right now, in five minutes!" she exclaims, getting up from the bed with newfound energy. The thought of her favorite dish prepared by her beloved brother acts as an instant pick-me-up.

Piyali laughs at her daughter's sudden mood change but then something serious crosses her mind. Her expression shifts slightly, showing a hint of worry.

"One more thing, beta. After having noodles, just come into my room for a while. I want to tell you something important," Piyali says in a serious tone, her eyes reflecting a depth of concern.

Sensing the seriousness in her mother's voice, Pihu asks, "What happened, Maa? Is it something serious? Is Papa okay? How many times have I told Papa that this is not the age to take stress? He still doesn't listen to me," she complains to her mother, visibly worried. The thought of her father's health always brings a wave of anxiety.

"No, baccha, nothing like that. Your Papa is completely okay. It's not about him. And before you ask anything else, you will know it once you have your snacks. I'm not telling anything now," Piyali ends the discussion there, trying to keep her daughter from worrying prematurely.

"Okay, Baba, I'm not asking anything now. I'm going downstairs," Pihu laughs while shaking her head, deciding to trust her mother's assurance as she heads out of the room.

In the kitchen, a boy is busy preparing chicken noodles. The delicious aroma fills the air, making Pihu's stomach growl.

Someone sneaks up behind him and covers his eyes."Yes, that boy is her brother, Shreyansh."

"So, you finally came. Now, come on, go and have your seat. I'm serving you the noodles. Let me know how it is," Shreyansh nudges her as he starts plating the noodles, a proud smile on his face.

Pihu pouts, "How come you know that I'm standing behind you? I think you always cheat," she says, narrowing her eyes at him playfully.

"Because you're my princess, and I know how that pretty little brain of yours works. Understand?" Shreyansh says, laughing at his baby sister. He places a steaming plate of noodles in front of her, watching her reaction eagerly.