𝟓𝟑. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

Next day,

Pihu tapped her fingers on the washroom basin, eagerly waiting for the five minutes to pass so she could check the result.It was 5 a.m., and in the bedroom, Raghav was sleeping soundly.

After what felt like years, she finally looked at the pregnancy kit and froze in that spot. Her hands trembled as she held it.

Two pink lines.

She couldn't believe her own eyes. Tears of joy filled them.She was going to become a mother. A child was growing inside her, a child made by her and Raghav.

She opened her nightgown in front of the mirror and caressed her belly.Her belly was still flat, but she had already started loving her baby.

What she felt in that moment couldn't be expressed in words.

She put her gown back on and kept the kit securely in a box. She would surprise him with this and her first sonography report. She couldn't wait to see his reaction.

She came back and looked at Raghav. He was going to be a father. She lay down beside him and kissed his forehead.

In response, he hugged her by the waist. She slowly put his hand inside her gown and placed it on her belly just to feel their baby.

He smiled in his sleep and caressed her belly button softly with his thumb.

With his soft caressing, she also dozed off while holding his hand.

Later that morning, before going to the office, she went directly for her blood checkup and all the necessary tests required for her first prenatal checkup. She had already told Mrs. Jhawar not to tell Raghav anything related to this as she wanted to surprise him, and she accepted gladly.

After all the tests were done, the doctor confirmed she was one week pregnant and would receive all her reports by that evening, including her sonography.

"Now, Pihu, listen to me very carefully," the doctor said.

"The first trimester is a critical stage for every pregnant woman. This is when the baby's organs start to develop, and you have to be very careful. No stress, no work pressure, no heavy workouts, or it will affect the baby. Do you understand what I'm saying, dear?"Pihu nodded her head.

"And one more thing: try to wear loose clothes during this time and no outside food. Only vegetables and fruits for these nine months. Understand?" the doctor advised her strictly.

Pihu nodded again, feeling slightly sad. She realized she couldn't eat her favorite street food anymore.

After receiving lots of advice, she finally left the hospital.

In the evening, downstairs, Raghav was working on his laptop, and Pihu was sitting on their bed, anxiously looking at the clock, waiting for her pregnancy report to arrive.

She didn't want anyone to get it before her, or her surprise would be ruined.The doorbell rang.Raghav, who was near the main door, got up to answer it, only to see a boy with a parcel.

He read the name on it and saw it was for Pihu.He shouted, "Pihu! Pihu! A parcel has come in your name!"

Curious to see what was inside, he started to open it. Before he could fully open it, Pihu arrived and snatched it from his hand.

"Yes, yes, I am coming, just wait a minute," she replied, hurrying down the stairs.

Her eyes widened when she saw him opening the parcel."No! No! Please don't open it, Raghav," she said, snatching the parcel from his hand.

Raghav was startled by her reaction.

He laughed and snatched the parcel back. "What are you hiding from me? Won't you let me see?" he teased and finally opened it.