3. 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

At Singhania Mansion:

A boy is shown in a room, diligently working on his laptop. (Yes, the boy is our Raghav.) The soft glow of the screen illuminates his focused face, his fingers dancing over the keyboard as he types rapidly. Papers are strewn across his desk, evidence of his dedicated work.

Another girl is peeping through the door of his room. (Yes, the girl is his sister, Ritu.) She watches him for a moment, her eyes filled with hesitation and a hint of mischief.

Ritu fidgets with her fingers, taking a deep breath as if gathering the courage to speak.

Raghav feels her presence and, without looking up from his laptop, says, "Come inside, Chutki. Why are you peeping like that?" His eyes remain glued to the screen, but his voice carries a welcoming tone.

Ritu steps inside slowly, her fingers still twisting nervously. She approaches him, trying to muster the courage to speak.

"What mischief have you done now?" Raghav asks, finally glancing at her. He notices her hesitant posture and raises an eyebrow in amusement.

Ritu gets offended by his question. She hasn't even said anything yet, and her bhaiyaa is already jumping to conclusions.

"What do you think, that I always do some kind of mischief? Come on, Bhaiyaa, I am not a five-year-old kid. I'm studying in college now," she replies, her voice carrying a note of complaint.

Raghav looks at her with a bored expression, clearly not convinced by her defense.

Her body language is telling another story altogether."Then tell me, what are you doing here now? What do you want?" Raghav asks again, his attention drifting back to his laptop.

Ritu feels tongue-tied. She doesn't know if her bhaiyaa will give her permission or not. She chants a quick prayer before proceeding."Bhaiyaa, actually, on Sunday, all my friends are planning to see a new movie that released a few days ago. Can I also go with them? I really want to see that movie, please,"

Ritu blurts out in one go, her words tumbling over each other.Raghav doesn't catch everything she says at first, but when he realizes what she's asking, he goes silent. He contemplates for a moment, weighing the options.

Seeing his silence, Ritu asks again, "Bhaiyaa, can I go, please?"

"Hmm, you can go, but before that, you have to follow some rules. Then only I can give you permission. Agree?" Raghav says in a firm tone, looking at her seriously.

Listening to him, she jumps on him in excitement and gives a long kiss on his cheek. He quickly moves his laptop aside to prevent it from getting damaged and holds her to keep her from falling.

"Muaaahhhhh! Done, done. Thank you, thank you so much. You are the best brother in this world, I must agree," Ritu shouts in excitement, her voice echoing in the room.

"Don't get too excited yet. First, listen to the rules, then you can dance around," Raghav says, closing his ears at her loud voice. He has to admit, she has quite a pair of lungs on her.

"Okay, you tell me. Anyway, I will agree to all of them," Ritu says, settling beside him, her excitement barely contained.

Raghav takes a deep breath and starts, "Yeah, so first:Rule number 1: Keep your GPS location on at all times.

Rule number 2: Get your mobile fully charged. If I find out that your phone is switched off when I call you, then for the next 5 months, you can write a goodbye note for it.

Last but not least,Rule number 3: You can enjoy all you want but have to reach home by 7 PM. Got it?"

"Yes, yes, I got it. I accept all your rules. Thank you once again, Bhaiyaa. I love you,"