Chapter 19 - Life Happens

June 1992

Will was in Silicon Valley with Bobby and Jamie.  Their new company Creative Artventures Software was funded with a $5 million round of funding.  Their signature product Electronic Art Designer was going to be ready for sale in July when it is introduced.  The three men spent all their time debugging and getting the software ready for use on multiple operating systems and were trying to find last minute flaws.  In July money will actually flow into the company instead of out of it Will hoped.  He was glad he stayed and graduated college so he had his Computer Science degree to fall back on instead of dropping out like Bobby and Jamie did in the late fall of 1991 when they recieved their first round of funding.  If this fails Will could go work somewhere else.

The phone on Will's desk started ringing.  "Hello, this is Will Byers."

"Will, it's me Jane."

"Hi Jane.  I am glad you called, how are you doing?  Are you and Mike doing well?"  Jane seemed not her self so Will is worried about her.

"That is why I called Will."  Will felt his stomach drop thinking the worst.  He is hoping Jane doesn't have to go through a nasty breakup or something equally bad.  "Mike and I need to talk to you this weekend in person because we have something important to ask you.  Can you fly out here and visit us."  Will felt better but another feeling replaced his old feeling.

"Uhh, I am super busy with work but I will leave here Friday afternoon and leave Saturday night or Sunday from your place if that works."

"Yeah, that will work out fine.  We will pick you up from the airport.  See you then Will, bye bye."  Jane hung up after saying little.  What is going on that they need to ask Will something?  He will find out this weekend.

~~~~~~~~

Will showed up in Indianapolis at the airport Friday evening.  Mike and Jane picked him up and took him to their apartment.  Mike looked good like he was fitting into his looks and Jane looked almost like she was glowing.  Mike still drove his Grand Marquis car which used to be Ted's car.  The drive was fine until a Ravensnote song came on the radio.  It didn't hurt hearing Ziggy's voice as much as it did a few months ago.  Back then Will would turn off the radio every time one of their songs came on.  That day last year hurt Will when Ziggy broke up with him.  The fame and fortune was more than  what Will could offer him.  It hurt knowing Will will never be enough for Ziggy.  Now Ziggy's band is famous and he is all over the media.  Will wonders if they will ever reunite like Kiki thought they will.

Will was in Mike and Jane's apartment and Will noticed that Mike's nails were bitten down and his cuticles were chewed up more than normal.  Will knew something was up but waited for them to tell him.

"Please sit down Will, we need to tell you something."  Mike was sweating and nervous. 

"What's wrong?  I'll help you two as much as possible if I can.  Please let me help."  Will was worried about his sister and best friend.

"Do you mean that Will?  We would appreciate that."  Jane was also worried and nothing ever bothered Jane.

"Yes I do.  You two are my favorite people and I care for you both."  Will is scared now.

"Just tell him Mike.  I think you are scaring Will."

"Okay.  The best way is just to tell you.  Um, Jane is pregnant and has been for 2 months now.  Not only is she pregnant but she is carrying twins."  Will was happy for them even though they are young.  His mouth hung open though as it dawned on him.  "You are the first person we told this."  Will couldn't get anything out.  All he could do was hug Jane.