Chapter 15 - Graduation

It was close to Christmas and Will needed to ask his family about going to Portland with Ziggy. Will knew it was going to be a hard sell but he really wanted to go. Hopefully Hopper and his Mom would let him go.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Earlier in the day

It was lunchtime at Hawkins High. Mike, Jane, Max and Lucas were at the lunch table sitting by themselves. Connor, Bart and Jennifer weren't there today. They were at the basketball table where the Party usually sits. Mike wanted to talk to the original party alone about going to Portland. Mike told them about Will and Ziggy going to Portland to meet Will's friends and attend an all night party.

"Ziggy wants Will to go to Portland but I think we should go also. We need to meet these people that Will was friends with. They were invited to attend an all night party and one of his friends is in a band playing it. Will and Ziggy want to go after Christmas because the party is on the 29th. Ziggy wants Steve and Robin to go with them. Why shouldn't we go also since he is our friend." Mike was making his case to the Party.

"Yes Mike, I also want to meet these people. Will is so secretive about what he was up to in Portland. I ask him about it and he brushes it off like there was nothing interesting going on. When he comes home with new interests there definitely was something going on. Sometimes he thinks we grew past him so he is bashful about his interests and doesn't think we would be interested. If anything he grew up in a different way apart from us. I think we should go on this trip as a group." Jane looked at Mike and gave him a smile to say she supported him.

"I agree with you two but how are we getting there? Do you think Joyce and Hopper will allow Will to go?" Max asked the questions that burned in her mind.

"Ziggy and Will talked about flying out there. I think it will be too expensive for all of us to fly. I have an idea though. I seen Hopper bought that minivan last spring. If we took that and had Steve and Robin go with we could go. It would be tight for room but we could do it. The hard part is getting our parents to let us go." Mike felt confident that he had the beginnings of a solid plan.

"I would love to go but we have a tournament that day, so I can't go. It would be interesting seeing who he hung around with." Lucas held an apologetic expression.

"If you can figure out how we are getting there I am definitely in." Max lightly kicked Mike's leg under the table.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

At dinner Will was nervous about bringing up going to Portland. It turns out Jane did the work for him.

"Will, when are you and Ziggy going to Portland? Mike, Max and I want to go also." Jane was blunt when she put it out there.

"Wait, what. When were you going to tell us Will?" Joyce was waiting for an answer.

"I was actually going to bring it up at this meal but Jane beat me to it. Ziggy and I were invited by my friends to visit them in Portland. It would be after Christmas and especially on the 29th. Mike thought it would be a good trip for the Party also. We were thinking of asking Steve and Robin to go but never got any plans down." Will thought Hopper would shoot this down.

"Don't worry Will, Mike has it all planned out. He thought all of us could use the minivan and drive there. We could rent two hotel rooms and stay 3 nights." Jane thought she was helping but was making his case worse.