2

~~~
September 5, 2012
Wednesday, 4:01 PM

(Y/N) sighed as she held the papers in her arms. She had to give the clubs the forms for them to request any material, or tools. Normally this was the secretary's job, but unfortunately they had gotten sick. She paused right in front of the doors.

She stared at the big metal doors, she could hear the sound of the ball bouncing on the floor, the team running around. Not that she didn't want to see her friends.

Their coach was just absolutely terrifying.

Slowly she pushed the door open, not making too much noise. Then she carefully snuck over to the coaches who were sitting on the side and bowed.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but these are the forms for any equipment requests." (Y/N) asked, handing the papers over.

"Oh, thank you." Coach Saito replied," I take these to the office once I fill them out." He continued. (Y/N) nodded her head and turned around to walk back out.

"Student Council President, huh?" Coach Washijo huffed, staring at the red band (Y/N) had on her arm. (Y/N) froze and spun back around.

"Yes." She immediately replied.

"Good job." he muttered.

"Oh, thank you." (Y/N) replied, surprised by his response.

I can't believe he said something nice to me.

*SMACK*

The loud noise of the volleyball snapped her out of her thoughts. (Y/N) watched as the ball bounced back and forth from one side of the net to the other.

"Uh, I'll get going now." (Y/N) said, realizing she was just standing there. She hurried back towards the exit. She let out a sigh of relief.

I made it out alive.

"Out!" Yamagata yelled, not noticing that the ball Goshiki had spiked was headed right towards (Y/N).

And it was going fast.

"(Y/N)!" Tendo yelled, making her turn her head.

WhatOH-

(Y/N) froze, closing her eyes and bracing for impact.

*SMACK*

(Y/N) heard the loud noise of the ball, but she didn't feel any pain. She looked up confused, her eyes landing on someone's back.

Ushijima

"OI! GOshiki! What kind of spike was that?! Where are you aiming?!" Coach Washijo yelled.

"I'm so sorry, sir!" the first year quickly apologized. Meanwhile, Ushijima turned to face the girl, he had caught the ball somehow, his hands red from the impact.

"Are you okay?" Ushijima asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay." (Y/N) replied," Thanks." she continued.

"You're welcome."

~~~
September 5, 2012
Wednesday, 6:03 PM

Tendo sighed as he picked up his bag to go back to his dorm room that he shared with Ushijima. They had finished practice and he had showered. But his brain kept replaying the moment.

"(Y/N)!" Tendo yelled, making her turn her head. He watched as she braced for impact, and as Ushijima ran, to catch the ball.

He let out a huff.

Great...

It was almost as if he couldn't finish his thought, as guilt began to wash over him. He was on the opposite side of the net anyway.

There was no way he could run all the way there. The ball would've hit (Y/N) in the head anyway, he should be glad Ushijima was there to catch it.

"Are you coming?" Ushijima called out to him, snapping Tendo out of his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah." Tendo quickly replied, catching up to his friend. The two walked in silence, which wasn't unusual.

They should be together.

Tendo and (Y/N) had known each other since elementary school. They've been friends for almost a decade.

He'd be lying if he didn't like her.

But he knew (Y/N) didn't like him back, they'd been friends for so long and she hadn't shown any signs. So he decided to introduced her to Ushijima during their first year.

Nothing really happened, which was a bit confusing to Tendo. He waited for a while, waiting for something to happen, anything.

He started to believe it was like the romance mangas he'd read. Sometimes, it would take a while for the couple to get together.

Maybe they just need an extra push.

"Wakatoshi, have you ever thought about dating anyone?" Tendo asked.

"No." Ushijima replied simply.

"Well, if you were to date anyone in our year, who would it be?" the red head pried, making his captain pause.

"I don't know." Ushijima replied.

"C'mon, there has to be someone." Tendo pressed on.

"(Y/N)?" Ushijima shrugged, choosing basically the only girl he talked to.

Perfect.

"You?" Ushijima asked.

(Y/N)

"Semi."

~~~

A/N: Shorter chapters will be published with the following one.