6

~~~
September 28, 2012
Friday, 8:21 PM

"Okay, that's all the questions." (Y/N) concluded, writing down the last of Tendo's answers as he nodded his head.

"Your turn." He called, as he tapped his friend on his shoulder. Ushijima looked up from his worksheet.

"I'm not done yet." Ushijima replied.

"You can't finish it after?" Tendo asked.

"We have morning practice tomorrow." Ushijima reminded," I don't want to sleep late." He explained. Tendo turned back to look at (Y/N).

"It's okay, I can interview him tomorrow." she sighed.

Oh no, she can't leave. This is the perfect atmosphere.

"No, no, no, he's almost done. Just, wait." Tendo suggested.

They're both relaxed.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'm not really suppose to be here anyways." (Y/N) explained, nervously looking at Tendo.

...or at least as relaxed as they could be.

"Please?" Tendo said, making (Y/N) sigh and nodded her head. She did want to get this over with.

Tendo sat on Ushijimas bed and gestured to his desk chair for (Y/N) to sit.

"How'd you get into the building anyway?" the red head questioned as (Y/N) sat down. (Y/N) held up her lanyard that had a different type of ID in it.

"Also the security guard was asleep." (Y/N) explained.

"Wow, special privileges." Tendo commented, leaning in closer to inspect it. It was to differentiate regular students from student council members.

"Hey, your hairs still wet." (Y/N) pointed out, noticing water dripping down. Before Tendo could react, (Y/N) took the towel from his neck and began drying his hair.

Oh-

Tendo's face began to feel warm as he felt her hands going through his hair. (Y/N) was being incredibly gentle yet thorough, and he couldn't help but melt.

I want to stay like this forever.

"Why didn't you blow dry it?" She mumbled as she realized how thick his hair was.

"It's, uh, annoying." Tendo blurted out, barely able to string a sentence together. (Y/N) just hummed in response and continued. He swore could've fallen asleep right then and there. But the sudden noise of keys and footsteps filled his ears, snapping him awake.

"Curfew." Tendo whispered, making (Y/N)'s eyes widen. Tendo quickly pointed to the top bunk, his bed, and ushered (Y/N) to go up. Once she got up there, she pressed herself against the wall, so she wouldn't be seen by anyone at the door.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

Tendo calmly walked over and opened the door, there stood a security guard who seemed exhausted.

"Quiet hours are now." They said, making Tendo nod. They barely acknowledged it before walking away.

Tendo quickly shut the door. (Y/N) poked her head out from the top bunk, staring at Tendo bewildered. They kept quiet until they heard the foot steps fading away,

"I'm done." Ushijima suddenly exclaimed, looking up from his worksheet and the girl. (Y/N) just stared at him dumbfounded.

"Uh, I guess...I guess I'll interview you." She murmured. (Y/N) slowly climbed down from the top bunk and back onto the ground.

She took Tendo's desk chair and began interviewing Ushijima. Meanwhile Tendo began to freak out.

This wasn't what I planned...well I didn't really plan.

"What position do you play and is there a special reason you play it?"
"I'm a wing spiker, no special reason."

I can't believe I forgot about curfew.

"Are you looking forward to anything during the preliminaries?"
"No."

What...how is she going to get back?

"What motivates you to do well?"
"Strong opponents."

It's not like she can stay here.

"As Shiratorizawa Academy's Ace, do you feel any pressure?"
"No."

....wait a second.

"Does anyone inspire you?"
"My father. "

Maybe...

"Anything outside of volleyball that interests you?"
"No."

Maybe she-

"Will you be inviting anyone special to watch you play?"
"..."

Oh, please just ask her. This couldn't have all been in vain.

Ushijima paused and looked at Tendo. As she waited for an answer stared at the previous questions, all of his replies were short and to the point.

"Will you be coming?" he finally spoke, making (Y/N) shrug," I'll see then." he said, giving an answer to her question.

I can't believe him.

They quickly got through the rest of the questions, with Ushijima giving very short and to the point answers.

"Okay, that was basically it." She said in a hush tone," Do you think I'll be in trouble if they catch me?" she asked.

"Yes." Ushijima replied, bluntly.

"Do you think my ID will give me a pass?" she continued, inspecting it. Her ID really only gave her access to go into the teacher's office.

"No." Ushijima answered.

"You won't get into trouble if you stay here."

~~~