Chapter 2

Wei Wuxian woke up the next morning still in a bit of a daze. One he can not believe that he is back in the past. Second and very importantly. He knows he died but Lan Zhan did he also died and how. What had happened to him?. Thirdly what are they going to do?. Are they going to pretend for the time being that nothing had change. They need to talk. They need to short things out. If they are going to defect they will have to have a place they can go to. He shakes his head and groans into his hands. He lifts his head after a while and looks around the room. Jiang Cheng is gone already. He stood up and got dress. He loves his brother and he always will. His brother is not the same person now but he could become him and he would rather not be around to experience that hate again. His head and heart is heavy thinking of never seeing his shijie again but he knows it's for the best. She will be happy and that is all that matters to him. He walked out of the room and makes his way towards the dining area. He made his way inside and go sit next to Jiang Cheng glad that he made it in time. Jiang Cheng looks at his brother and asked. " Are you fine. What happened yesterday?". But before Wei Wuxian could answer the food was brought in and they started eating.

Lan Wanji woke up the usual time. Did his morning routine and  afterwards he meditate for about an hour. Once he was done he starts to make a list of things. First they have to get the yin iron and. Second they need to suppress the water abyss. Third they need to find a place where they could take the dafan wens to keep them safe. They need to talk to Wen Qing and get her to believe them and let them help her and her family. He know that he is late for their family tea in his uncle's residence but he does not care. He can not believe that in his first life he had believe every word his uncle has spoken. He can not believe that he had walked around with blinders on his eyes but his brother had shown him that they can not be trusted. This life he will do what is right. He will stand by his soulmate. He will protect him and the wens even if it means losing the only family he have. He did not care about the thirty three whips no it was the fact that they did not believe him and dismissed him and his feelings as if it was not important. Finally he stood up and made his way towards the dining area. For the first time in his life he was late because when he enter everybody was already eating. He made his way to his seat and sit down. He just poured him a cup of tea not having an appetite really. His eyes scan the room until it found the only pair of eyes he was looking for once they locked he gave a small nod and Wei Ying gave him a small smile. He could feel his uncle and brothers eyes on him but he steadily ignores it and continue to drink his tea.

Once breakfast was done the disciples started to leave the dining hall. Lan Wanji stood up to leave but his brother stopped him and asked.
"Wanji could I talk with you". Lan Zhan turns to his brother and nods his head. As they exited the hall Wei Ying was waiting outside Lan Zhan told his brother that he will be there shortly. Xichen nods his head and gave Wei Ying a small smile and bow before he walked away. Lan Qiren came walking out and just glared at him. When they were sure that they were alone Lan Zhan said. "Wei Ying  we need to talk. I will come find you after my talk with brother". "Fine. There is something I want to asked you".  Wei Ying answered and Lan Zhan nods his head and they both go their separate ways. When Wei Wuxian turns around Jiang Cheng and Huaisang was looking at him confuse. " Since when are you second young master Lan so familiar. I remember that since we got here he has been punishing you and he hates you". Jiang Cheng said to him. He just shurks his shoulders and said. " Lan Zhan does not hate me. I don't know what have you that  idea". Wei Wuxian said. " What are you talking about. He can not stand you". Jiang Cheng said will a scowl and Huaisang nods his head in agreement. " Jiang Cheng let me tell you something. Lan Zhan is just misunderstood. He is actually a very nice person". Wei Wuxian said. "Wei Wuxian did you hit your head or something. He surely hates you and your guts and do not forget about his uncle". He said. " Jiang Cheng let it go I have no time to worry who likes me and who don't and like I said Lan Zhan doesn't hate me I infact we are friends. So please just leave it I don't want to talk about anymore". He turned around and walked away. Jiang Cheng did not know what to make of his Wei Wuxian words.