Chapter 7

As soon as sect Leader Jiang step off the boat he saw his daughter standing on the docks. A worried frown on her face as he walked towards her. As soon as he stood infront of his daughter she asked him worriedly. "Father did you find A-Xian? Is he fine? I hope he not hurt". She asked him. He sigh softly as he looks at her and said." We'll talk back at the sect. Come let's go A-Ling". He said and Yanli could not help but feel that something terrible is wrong. They walked back in silence and as soon as they walked through the gates of the sect Madam Yu walked towards them and said.
"I see that you are back. Where is that brat making us loose face and bringing shame to our sect. I have told him to behave and look what he did". She looks at her husband who just said. " My lady let's go to my office. This is something that needs to be discuss in private". "What is so important that it had to be discussed in private. Tell me Fengmian ". "Mother please let's just go with father please". Yanli says as her mother's screams are causing people to stare. She looks at her daughter and just huff before she turns around and starts walking. Yanli and her father follows behind. As soon as they reached the office Fengmian opener the door and let is wife and daughter walked in before he follows and closes the door behind them. Yanli immediately starts to them some tea. When she done she poured them all a cup and sat down next to her mother looking expectedly at her father as he mother was scowling. " So what is that it had to be discussed in private.
Why did you not bring that brat back or were you playing favoritism again". She asked her husband who lowered his head for a second before he answered her and said." Wei Wuxian defected from the sect". He said looking both of them in their eyes. Silence fell over room at his words before madam yu asked him slowly." What did you?". "He defected from the sect". Yanli sits their stunned and shocked. " But why? Did something happened?". She finally asked but before he father could say anything madam yu said." And you let him go. He owes us for taking him of the streets. For letting him live. He owes this family and sect a debt. A life debt". Fengmian looks at his wife and said as he took out the talismans. " He repaid his debt in full with these talismans ". Tears were running Yanli's face. "You think this is enough for all we did for that brat. You think these will repay for everything. You must be joking right now. What are they supposed to do?". She asked him.

"Well this one is a ward strengthening talisman. This one is core protection one. This is a fire prevention one and this one is a illusion talisman". He said as he point to each one. "You think I will except these. Why do we need it anyway. Who would dare want to attack us. We are one of the five great sects". She grabs the talismans and before Yanli and her father knew or could do anything she tore them apart. "What did you do? Why did you do that?". Fengmian asked shocked. "You think I will take anything from that boy. His debt are far more greater then a few talismans. If you are to much of a coward I will see to it that he remembers who he belongs to". She sneered at her husband who was still looking at her in shock. He finally found his voice and said."You can not force him to come back here. Those talismans could have been put to good use". She just looks at him and without a word she swept out of the room without another word. Yanli finally found her voice as tears still stains her eyes. "Father did he tell you why? A-Cheng how did he take it?". His father gave her a sad smile and says.
"He said he is doing this to protect us. A-Ling something happened I don't what but he is not the same boy. You know your brother he took at as good as aspected". "So he did not take it well then. But what does father mean that A-Xian is not the same and protect us from who and what?". She asked. "I do not know what he meant by that. There's just something different about him. Something I can not place". He answered her as honestly as he can.
"Father could you not convince him. I mean he is family. He is our brother". He looks at her knowing how much she loves her brother and he knows she's confused and hurt but there is nothing he can do about the situation. "I tried A-Ling but I could not. Your brother also tried but to no avail. I am sorry A-Ling I know how he means to you and how much you love him but he is not coming back". She looks at her father tears still in her eyes and nods her head. She stood up and bow then walked out of the office.  Fengmian looks at the tear up talismans and let his head falls into his hands. He knew that his wife would not take this well but he never expected that she would do such a thing. There is no way to save them. He knew talent when he saw it and Wuxian had talent he would've never gave it if he did not know that it would not work. Now they are laying ripped up on his table. Wuxian why would leave the sect. I need you and my children needs you.