Chapter 8

As soon as Wei Ying and Lan Zhan walked away from Wen Qing tears forms in his eyes. He never thought that he will see her alive again or even talked to her. Lan Zhan glance at him and asked."Wei Ying are you fine". Wei Ying looks at him and said."I never thought that I would see her again. She is alive Lan Zhan really alive and this time I hope she will stay alive". He says as tears runs down his face." I know it is hard for Wei Ying. We will keep them alive this time". Lan Zhan answers him. He nods his head and the two head back to the inn. That night dreams Wei Ying could not sleep because every time he closed his eyes he saw Wen Qing and Wen Ning walked away and he had not seen them alive after that. After an hour he went out of his room and went to Lan Zhan's room. He knocked on the door and waited. Not long he heard footsteps and the door slide open. Lan Zhan gave him just one look and stood to the side and let Wei Ying in. He close the door and asked." Would Wei Ying like to talk about". Wei Ying looks at him and said." No not now. Can I sleep here with you please". Lan Zhan nods his head and they both made their way over to the bed. "Which side does Wei Ying prefer ". Lan Zhan asked him. He scratches the back of his neck and said." I don't really care. Any side will do". Wei Ying answers. "Wei Ying can lay at the back and I will lay in front". Lan Zhan says. Wei Ying climb in the bed and soon Lan Zhan follows. After awhile of tossing and turning Lan Zhan asked him.
"Wei Ying what can I do to help and make you more comfortable ". Wei Ying cleared his throat and said."Lan  Zhan can I. Can I lay in your embrace. You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't want to make you uncomfortable ". But Lan Zhan just pulled him over and engulf him in his embrace. "Thank you Lan Zhan ". He whispers softly. "No problem. Anything for Wei Ying ". Lan Zhan answers and he blew put the candle. Wei Ying fell asleep not long after inhaling Lan Zhan's sandalwood scent. Lan Zhan only starts to drift off to sleep when he heard soft snores coming from Wei Ying.

The next day when Wei Ying woke up he immediately sat up and soon Lan Zhan stepped inside. " Hi Lan Zhan thanks for last night". He said. To which Lan Zhan said." There is no need for sorry or thank you between us Wei Ying. I will do anything to help or make things easier for you". Wei Ying played with his fingers and said." You know Lan Zhan I always just wanted to be your friend even in our first lives. You know before we came back this time that's all I ever wanted. Now you are here by my side. You even defected from your sect and left your family for me. I wish I wasn't so head strong in believing that you hated me back then. I wished I did not listen to Jiang Cheng whenever he told me how much you hated me. I am sorry Lan Zhan for the way I treated you. I'm sorry for thinking and believing that you just wanted to bring me back to the Cloud Recess to punish me for my crooked path. Will you forgive this one for his stupidity ". Wei Ying asked him with a small voice. Lan Zhan stepped forward and sat on the bed before he speaks.
"Like I said there is no need for sorry between us Wei Ying. I never hated you like I said before. I was also to blame because I did not know how to use my words and that cause many problems between us. I promised myself that if I ever get the chance again. I will not leave your side again. I am making good on my promise. You hold my heart in every lifetime Wei Ying no matter where it is. You were the first one to ever talked to me or made an effort to befriend me and for that I will forever be grateful to you". He answered Wei Ying who sat up on his knees and gave him a hug that he returns ten fold. When he let go Lan Zhan says to him."Get dress so that you can come eat". He stood up and walked out of the room. Wei Ying stood up and went to his room to get dress before joining Lan Zhan again. They ate in silence. Once done Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan. " Lan Zhan when are you planning on giving your brother the talismans? There is also the problem of the waterborne abyss we must tackle". Lan Zhan thought for awhile before he answers. "Was thinking maybe we can give it to Lady Wen and asked her to deliver it to brother if she does not mind. Wei Ying are right and I think we need to do it as soon as possible before it reaches Caiyi Town ". "We have to do at night where no one can see us". Wei Ying answered and Lan Zhan nod his head in agreement.