Chapter 14

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were still a little daze after the meeting with his father, but they knew that they could not just sit by and wait. Things will start to happen soon, and they are still not any closer in getting what they set out to do or achieve. So they decided on their next course of action. The sword. Even if Wen Choa does not find the cave, it does not mean that somebody else won't. If Wen Rouhan gets the sword, which is probably the most powerful of all the other pieces, then he can for sure destroy the cultivation world. With their minds made up, they made their way towards the direction of the cave. They do not know how long it will take before they hear from Lan Zhan's father.

They had no trouble finding the cave. Knowing what they know now, they knew exactly what to do and how to kill the beast. Making quick work of the barrier in front of the opening, they made their way inside.
Wei Ying knew the amount of resentful energy the sword holds inside it. This time around, he is much stronger than he was the first time. It took them less time to kill the beast. Wei Ying, who had taken out the sword, laid it out on the ground. They looked at each other as the voices called out for blood and revenge. A decision was made. They will try and purify the sword if not, they will throw it in the burial mounds. Wei Ying took Chenqing to his lips as Lan Zhan sat in lotus position with wanji on his lap. One last look at each other, they started playing.

The souls in the sword fought them with everything because they were trapped in their for so long, and its the only place they know that they belonged. But as hard as they fought, the two fought back harder. They don't know for how long it went on, but eventually, just when they thought that it was useless, the sword started to shake violently. Souls started to emerge from the sword black as coal. And they swirl and screech ready to attack, and Wei Ying switched his tune. A eery sound emerges from Chenqing. Wei Ying draw on both energies and played with all his might. Lan Zhan, who had stopped playing, watches him carefully until his eyes grew wide in shock and concern.

"Wei Ying.. your nose is bleeding. Please stop". He screams, but Wei Ying was so determined that he just played in. Lan Zhan stood up and tried to grab Chenqing from Wei Ying. That's when suddenly small little lights so bright and pure attracted his attention. The souls. They were purified. Wei Ying collapses, and Lan Zhan attention immediately goes to him, catching him before his body hits the ground.
"Wei Ying?". He said with concern, the souls forgotten for now.
"Wei Ying, please open your eyes". He pleads but to no avail. The only thing that came to mind and he did what he had done before. He softly sang their songs. Over and over until his voice was a little hoarse. The souls themselves had slowly disappeared under the melody of the song. Lan Zhan took out the water from his sleeve and opened Wei Ying's mouth and slowly let it into his mouth. He himself took a few sips of water. After some time Wei Ying slowly starts to open his eyes and what he saw break his heart. Lan Zhan were looking at him with so much worry, pain and hurt. He slowly lifts his hand and laid it on Lan Zhan's cheek and said.
"I am sorry for worrying you Lan Zhan. Not again I promise. I won't make you worry again because I myself do not want to see this look on your face again".
"Wei Ying please do not do it again. I asked you to stop but you did not. You did not stop Wei Ying ". Lan Zhan said with a choking voice as he holds on to Wei Ying so tightly.
"I won't I promise I will listen". Wei Ying said as tears runs down his face. Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying and brought his head down and then they kiss. Breaking away they both gasp for breath before Lan Zhan place light butterfly kisses all over Wei Ying's face and neck which made him giggle and Lan Zhan stopped.

"Tickles". Is all he said. Lan Zhan smiles and stood and pull Wei Ying up with him. They looked around the cave and Wei Ying asked.
"Did they leave?".
"Yes I believe so. What are we going to do with the sword?". Lan Zhan asked he looked down at it where it laid cleanse from all resentment.
"Home. We can hang it up and tell our children and grandchildren how their baba and A-Die slayed the notorious beast. Not once but twice. What a story it will be. Don't you think Lan Zhan?". Wei Ying said with a twinkle in his eyes and a smile on his face when he saw how red his Lan Zhan's ears were.
"Mmm". It's all Lan Zhan said before he picked the sword up and started to make his way towards the entrance. Wei Ying could not help but laugh.
"Lan Zhan wait for me". He screams as he runs towards him.
Once outside they put up rolled the boalder back in place and put up the barrier again. Making sure everything was as it should be they left making their way home.