Chapter 13

Two figures in black were making their way through the back hills of the Cloud Recess. As they reached the barrier, one of them stretched his hand out to test it. When certain that nothing will happen, they made their way through silently walking in the cover of the night. "Hey, Lan Zhan. You know where we are going, right?". Wei Ying whispered asked.
"Yes, I do." Lan Zhan said. "Oh, ohk. So what are we going to tell your father? " Wei Ying asked again. "The truth." Lan Zhan said. "You think he will believe us." Wei Ying whispers again. "Will make him believe us, Wei Ying." Lan Zhan answered as they made their way towards his father's cabin. It was quiet for just a little while before Wei Ying spoke again. "How? I mean, how are we going to convince him? " Lan Zhan gave him a side glance and said."Wei Ying, I do not think it is wise to talk so much, see as we are breaking into the Cloud Recess. We do not want to attract attention. " Wei Ying scratched the back of his neck and gave a sheepish smile. "You are right. I will keep quiet. " He said. Lan Zhan just sighed, and they kept walking, and not long, Wei Ying asked again." Lan Zhan, seriously. How are we going to convince your father?". Lan Zhan sighs again and says," I will tell him that he is going to die if he doesn't come out of seclusion." He said with a straight face to which Wei Ying's mouth hanged open. "Father is going to die?". At the words, they both turned around, and Wei Ying yelped as he almost fell, but Lan Zhan steady him with his arm around his waist. "Brother." Lan Zhan greeting and Wei Ying found his bearings and also greets. "Wanji, it's good to see you and also you young master Wei. The both of you look good. " Xichen said. "It's good seeing brother also. We are fine and brother?". Lan Zhan asked. "I am doing fine, Wanji. I just miss you. But what are the two of you doing here, and what did you mean by father will die Wanji?". The two looked at each other, not knowing what to answer. Xichen watch them closely, and a sadness takes hold in his heart when he realise that he can't read his brother the way that he used to. Watching Wei Ying and Lan Zhan having a silent conversation made him once again realise that something else is going on with the two of them. What felt like forever, Lan Zhan finally said." Brother, if you wish, you can accompany me and Wei Ying to Father's cabin, and then we will tell both of you everything we know." Xichen was a bit skeptical, but he remembered his own words. That they knew something that the others didn't, and he said." Wanji, I trust you. I will go with you and young master wei. " The three made their way cautiously and silently towards their fathers cabin, which is situated at the back of the Cloud Recess. When they reached their fathers cabin, the three kneeled in front of the close door before Lan Zhan started to speak.
"Father, we your sons Lan Wanji and Lan Xichen and Wei Ying are here to speak with you about something very important. We know that you won't probably believe us but what we have to tell you is very important and a lot of Gusulans people as well as the sects disciples lives depends on you to end your seclusion". But only silence follows. Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan and spoke. "Sect Leader Lan, my name is Wei Wuxian, and I am the son of Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze. Lan Zhan is speaking the truth. The Wen will attack the Cloud Recess and burn it to the ground. Your eldest son flees with very important scrolls, and Master Lan was critically injured. Please Sect Leader Lan, we are not lying. We have died in our previous lives and have time traveled back to this exact time. " Still no answer, and Xichen said. "Father, I believe them. For I have never seen my brother act so out of character. So please would you let us in. " Still silence. "Father, you will die if you do not end your seclusion and take charge of the sect." Lan Zhan now said with a pleading voice. They waited a few more minutes, and that's when they heard the ruffling of robes as someone stood up and footsteps coming closer to the door. The door slides opened, and there stood Qinghen-Jun looking down at his kneeling sons and the boy called Wei Wuxian. The three immediately stood up and bowed in greeting and respect, and Qinghen-Jun returned it before he turned around and walked back inside, waving to the three to follow him, which they did. Once inside, the man started to brew a pot of tea without so as saying a word. The three kneeled down at the low table watching the man's back as he continued with what he was doing.