Chapter 17

The next day they left just after breakfast. When they arrived home Wei Ying gathered everyone in dining hall. He could see the questions on their faces. Wen Qing spotted a frown between her brows and she lifted a eyebrow at him. He just mouth that all will be explained soon. When everyone was seated he and Zhan stood before them with Boashan Sanren.

"Hi everyone. The reason why we asked you here is first I want to introduce you all too someone. I have also just met her yesterday when we arrived at the Cloud Recess. I know you probably wonder why we are back so soon. We will get to this shortly. This woman standing here is the Immortal Boashan Sanren. My grandmother". Wei Ying told his family who is looking at him and then to Boashan with wide and shocked eyes.
"Wei Wuxian what?". Wen Qing asked still shocked.
"I know right I was also shocked when I heard it". Wei Ying said with a smile.
"I know it's a shock but he is telling the truth. I am Cangse mother and I was also her master". Boashan assured the group.

They all looked at the woman before them and stood up as one and bow before her and she returns the bow.
"Now we have something to tell you all". Wei Wuxian said and they all turned their attention towards him.
He told them what they had heard and what will happen now. He told them that even if their wards are strong enough to keep the enemy or anyone who meant them any harm they have decided that it will be best to send them all with Boashan to her mountain where no one can get to them. They all looked at him and nodded their heads in agreement.
Wen Qing could feel her blood starting to boil.
"Wei Wuxian I'm going nowhere. I am staying right here and I will help where I can". Wen Qing said with finality in her voice giving him no chance to argue.
"Qing-jie but what if you get hurt or something worse happens to you?". He tried.
"Nothing will happen to me. I am staying and that's final". She said.
He sighs and looked at his husband who just nodded his head.
"Ohk fine you can stay". He said defeated.

"Wei Ying I think it's best if we move as early as possible. It is quite a long way to the mountain. We will need carriages and horses to carry everyone". Boashan told him.
"We can get those in town no problem. But can I speak with you for a minute please?". Wei Ying asked and she nodded her head and he lead her outside towards one of the tables. They sat down and Wei Ying played with his hands for a bit. She stretched her hands out and took his in hers. He looked up and she gave him a soft smile.
"She was a free spirit you know. I could not keep her on the mountain even if I wanted to. It was always her dream to help the common people. Those who are forgotten by the sects. Those who have to fend for themselves. You know that you have her smile and laughter. If I should guess than I would say that you have your father's eyes. I did not know him and I can't tell you anything about him I am sorry Wei Ying. I don't know what happened to them. When sect Leader Lan send me that letter I was not in the position to leave the mountain at that time but I am here now. As soon as your family are settled I will return. That I promise you. Maybe this time I can help you and your husband to keep your sons and family safe". She squeeze his hands and tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"Thank you so much grandma. I appreciate it so much. Sect Leader Jiang never talked about my father. I did asked about him but the sect Madame didn't liked it. She forbid that his or my mother's name ever be mentioned. So until this day I still don't know anything and it makes me sad. That the people who knew them were not willing to talk about them. All they would say is how I am just like my mother. So unruly and no respect for the rules. But now I know it's because none of them could tame her". He spoke in a soft voice with a small smile.
"I am so sorry Wei Ying for everything you had to go through. I would do anything so that you can be happy this time around". Boashan said to him and he gave his grandmother another smile and nodded his head. They heard footsteps coming closer, and they looked towards it. Zhan and the boys made their way over to them.