Chapter 9

Lan Xichen had been thinking about his brother alot since he left. He wish he had a way to contact him but he does not know where he is and if he was fine. He found himself standing with his hands behind his back watching the visiting disciples. This year was supposed to bring the sect heirs together. Forming friendships and alliances between the different sects but it quickly turn sour and different. His eyes landed in the Jiang sect heir who have became even more angry as time went on. He can understand because as far as he knows he and Wei Wuxian was like brothers so this whole thing doesn't make sense at all. He sighs softly as he starts to walk and made his way towards his uncle's residence when he heard someone calls his name. He stops and turns around that's when he saw lady Wen walking towards him. Once she reached him she bowed and greets him. He returned the bow and greeting. When they straighten she took something from her sleeve and said. " First master Lan this one was asked to give this to you". And she holds the package out to him. He looks at it before he takes it and asked. "By who?". " By second young master lan". She answered. He draw a breath before he speaks again." You have seen him lady Wen? How is he? Could you please tell me where he is?". He asked with a under tone of sadness in his voice. " Yes I have and he is fine. I am sorry but I am not at liberty to say where he is. If you excuse me I have to go". She bows again and left. Xichen could just watch her. He looks at the package in his hand and put it in his sleeve before he starts walking again. He stops before the lanshi before knocks and waited for his uncle to give him permission to enter once he heard his voice he slide the door opened and step inside he bow and Lan Qiren waves him over to sit. He walked forward and took his place opposite his uncle who poured them both a cup off tea before he gave it to him. He took it and they sipped it silence. Once they were done they put their cups down before Lan Qiren asked him." Xichen have you heard anything from Wanji yet". He looked at his nephew and Xichen said. "I have just had an encounter with Young Lady Wen and she gave me this. She said it was from Wanji". He took out the package and put it on the table before them. "What is it? Did she tell where she had encounter him?". Lan Qiren asked.
" I have not opened it yet. And no. I did asked her but she said it was not for her to tell". He answered his uncle. Lan Qiren was not please with his answer. "Do you know how he and Wei Wuxian got so close in such a short time. That boy is really just like his mother. He has not even been here long and he have already corrupted my nephew. They have to be found and Wanji. We need to get him away from that boy before we loose him for good". Lan Qiren said with a displeased look on his face. Xichen did not know what to say to his uncle in response. Wanji always were stubborn but he also always follows his own mind and heart. One thing he knows is that the Wanji right now is not the brother he grew up with. There is something different about him but he also knows he can't point that out to his uncle because he got a one track mind. He instead reach for the package and opened it. He gasps when he saw what was inside but also confused. Why would Wanji send these talismans and for what reason. "What is it Xichen?". Lan Qiren asked. He took out the talismans and laid it out on the table for his uncle to see." Why would wanji send these? Will something happened to the Cloud Recess?". He asked his uncle who looked at the talismans and said. "Nothing will happen to the Cloud Recess xichen".
"But uncle as you know things are already happening around us. I think we should use it. Wanji would not have send it if it was not important in some way". He said as he looked at his uncle. "The elders would never allow us to use it. And our barriers are strong enough to hold if an attack should happen ". Lan Qiren said while stroking his beard.
"But we can convince them. Can't we?". He asked his uncle." Xichen even if we do they won't agree. So it would be best to put them away and not mention it to anyone. Do you hear me?". Lan Qiren said as he look at his nephew." Yes uncle". Shortly he excuse himself stood up and bow before he leave and made his way towards the hanshi. "Wanji what are you trying to tell us. Is something coming and you just want us to be prepared. I wish I could asked you personally. I miss you didi. My days are empty without you my little brother". He put the talismans in a safe place and went to sit behind his low table and started to short through the sect correspondence.