Chapter 12

Xichen had called a meeting with the elders and informed them of the talismans his brother had send and explain what the purpose was but just like his uncle they forbid him of using it and by the way his brother is no more part of the Lan clan and whatever he send should not be use. Xichen could feel the anger simmer inside of him. They don't understand wanji won't send these if it was not of utter importance. So he made a decision that would probably back fire or it would be of great help. He ponder about it for two days after the meeting with the elders wondering if he is making the right decision. He will not inform his uncle the man is strong head and strong willed anyway. He could still hear the whispers as he sometimes walked through the Cloud Recess and speculation from the visiting disciples on why Wanji and young master Wei had defected from their respective sects. The all round winner is that master Wei had placed a curse on Wanji which he now know is not true even if he himself thoughts so at the time. His beginning to think that there is more to all off this and they are the only two who knows. So know he sits behind his desk in the hanshi with the talismans before him. He studies them meticulously not want to make a mistake when he place them where they should go. That night just after curfew he made his way towards the library and just as he had read he infuses each talisman with some of his spiritual power and places it in different places around the building. First the illusion talismans and then the fire talismans were placed all around the important buildings. He did the ward strengthen one last and when all was done he walked back to his residence. Wanji I did as you asked now would you please contact me. I really miss you and needs to talk to you about what is going on. He slides the door of the hanshi opened and walked inside sliding it close behind him again. He walked towards his sleeping area and changed into his sleeping robes before he climbed into bed.

Huaisang was sitting at his low table reading the note that was just delivered to him via birdie message. He read it and reread it before he burned the note. 'What are the two of you doing Tanzhou. Cleaning up the flower lady's mansion. Buying food as if you are going to feed an army. Wuxian and Lan Wanji what are the two of you doing and most importantly what are you up too. Is there a connection between why you met the Wen siblings and the package you send to Xichen-ge. Nothing exciting is happening around here anymore. Maybe I could asked da ge if I could come home the lectures are almost over anyway then maybe I could give the two of you a visit'. He thought to himself and nods his head as he pours himself a cup of tea. Before heading to bed himself. Tomorrow he will send the letter asking his fa ge and with that last thought he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

In the YungmiangJiang sect the sweat were dripping of the disciples as they were training under the hot sun. Since the defection of their previous head disciple Wei Wuxian the sect heir was made head disciple and he is just as bad as his mother. Always screaming at them. Belittling them. He himself lack in skill and there are some of them who is better than the sect heir but they cannot dare to show their true potential then they will feel the sting of zidian on their backs. At least Wei Wuxian would rectify them and he helped the little ones the most. How they miss their Wei Wuxian. Soon another scream more vicious then the one standing on the side could be heard." I see that you all were slacking while I was away. A-Cheng as a head disciple you should make sure that they are not slacking but what instead you indulge them. Twenty rounds around the training field for all of you. Starts running.
A-Cheng you need to be more hard on them. You are their master. They are below you do you hear me". Madame Yu screams. Jiang Cheng looked at his mother and said with a stern voice." Yes mother". "Good now make sure they don't slack of. That good for nothing boy did only spoil them and now you have to fix his laziness". She said before turning and then asked over a shoulder. "Where is your father?". "In his office". Jiang Cheng answers. "For once he is where he is supposed to be". She walked hastily towards her husband's office and without knocking she slides the door open and walked in just as Fengmian lifts his head. "You know who I ran into on my way back to the sect"?. She asked." Who my lady?". He asked."That bastard son of yours. Here you sit in your office instead of being out there helping your son. But you always gave more affection to that son of a servant who had threatened me. I always knew he was a good for nothing but only bringing shame to our sect. You who thought so highly of him maybe now you will realise who is truly your son and rightful heir and stop moping over a damn street rat". Fengmian could only look at her and shakes his and lower his head and continues with what he was doing. No point in asking where she had run into the boy. He is still hoping that Wei Wuxian would come back. A-Cheng does not know how to communicate with the disciples. He is just like his mother always screaming and shouting. At least the boy would helped those having a hard time especially the little ones. He sighs inwardly while Ziyuan was still shouting in front of. He heard footsteps walking out of his office and he slowly shakes his head. He and his daughter are the only ones wishing for Wuxian to come back and bring that sunshine and liveliness back to the sect. Yanli who had heard her mother's words because who did not when she is shouting on the top of her lungs.
" A-Xian where are you? Why don't you come back? We can talk and fix things. A-Cheng is not doing so good without you here to distract him. To talk to him until his anger subsided. Oh A-Xian your shijie misses you so much. Who will be there now to protect A-Cheng? I wish I could just talk to you and make you see that your place are here with us. It has always been". She sighs and looked at her hands on her lap. He betrothal is broken and she can do nothing to fix it. If A-Xian was here he would have known what to do. If only he was here than there mother would not be so extra hard on A-Cheng and the disciples. She stood up and walked out of her chamber and made her way towards the kitchen. Better go see how far the lotus pork rib soup is.