Chapter 11

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan decided to go to dafan just to see how many guards there were and if they could get a chance to talk to Wen Qing and Wen Ning. Nearing the place under the disguise as just two travelers who had heard that the dafan wen were best healers and that they themselves were low on medical herbs and would like to know if the Wen would be so kind to sell some to them. One of the guards looked them up and down seeing them wearing ragged robes and looked none threatening he fought for awhile knowing that the order was that no one should enter the village and to go against the their sect leaders order will sure end in death and turns into his many experimental puppets so he said." I am sorry but no one is allowed in the village. The people here are not allow to receive any visitors it would be best if you go somewhere else". Just then another guard came walking over and asked." What is going on here? And who are these two?". The first guards explained to him and the second guard said." It's best you leave now unless you want trouble. Get away from here now". Lan Zhan and Wei Ying shared a look and decided not to push their luck. They bow and thanks the guards before they turns and walked away back the way they came. Deciding to camp close by but not to close to be seen. They need to see how many times the guards are rotate out. As of now they don't know how many their are so under the disguise of the night they will be able to move around and hope they don't get caught. Finding the perfect spot far away enough and yet close enough. Wei Ying put a barrier up and uses one of his invisibility talismans so to hide them just incase the guards decided to come their way or do around the surrounding areas. Setting their campsite up and making themselves something to eat they waited and how fortunate for them the night turns out to be overcast the moon hiding behind the clouds. They change their robes and put on the black robes they have purchased for this exact reason. Packing up their things they set out making their way back to the dafan wen village. Keeping in the shadows of the night. Moving silently as silent as ghost they soon manage to count around thirty guards on the outside all standing at strategic points but they also gain some important information. The guards themselves are not really are afraid that the Wen would try to escape so they indulge themselves in drinking the night away. Waiting for them to pass out Wei Ying made quick with the barrier and he and Lan Zhan made their way through. Still keeping to the shadows and the cover of the night and buildings. They discover that the guards on the inside are around ten. They moved as a silently as a cat. Moving from one hut to the next but could not find the siblings. They came to the conclusion that they might be at nightless city. Turning around they made their way back and, when far enough, jumped on their swords and flew towards yiling. They can't go the nightless city so they need to figure out a way to communicate to the siblings and fast. They landed just outside Yiling and walked through the town in search for an open inn. They did not walked long until they found one and walked in. They made their way over to the counter and asked if they have any rooms available. The owner bow and said.
"Yes young masters we have. Is one or two rooms?". Lan Zhan answers and said." Just one room please". The owner nods his head and said."The follow me please young masters". They bow and follow the owner up the stairs towards one of the rooms. He slides the door opened and show them in."Here you are. Is there anything you need? Anything I get the two young masters"?. "Water to bath, a jar of wine and a pot of tea please". Lan Zhan said. "Well if that's all I will get right on it then". He bowed to them and they returned the bow before he walked through the door and slides it close behind him. The two walked over to the low table and sat down before Wei Ying speaks." Well what are we going to do now. They must be in Nightless City. I bet Wen Rouhan is keeping them close and have a watchful eye on them. Especially Wen Qing". "You are right Wei Ying. I do not think that he will let her out from under his eyes. We can not move her family without her and her brother. And we need to do it without him knowing. We need to take care of the guards also". Wei Ying nods his head and hums and the both went silent when they heard a knock on the door. Lan Zhan stood up and walked over to the door and slides it opened.
"We were instructed to bring up water for the bath for the young masters". The servants said and Lan Zhan stood to the side and let them in. They filled the bath with water and left. Soon the owner came with the tea and wine. Wei Ying put warming talismans around the bath and while they wait for the water to get warm they drank their tea and wine. Once the water was warm enough Wei Ying said." I think we can bath together that way the servants don't have to bring more water. What do you think Lan Zhan?". Both blushing hard but Lan Zhan eventually nods his head and Wei Ying smiles shyly. They stepped behind the divider and get undress then first Lan Zhan got then Wei Ying. Sitting opposite each other no one had the face to look at the other. They washed and themselves and once done they got put dry themselves off and put on their sleeping robes. They walked over to the bed none willing to break the silence between them. They got on the bed and lay down Lan Zhan pulled the quilt over them and they just lay there in silence. "Lan Zhan we will be fine right. I mean we will safe the dafan wen and leave this world I mean the cultivation world behind right. I just want to be happy, want you and them to be safe. It's not to much to ask right?". He rolled on his side and looked at Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan pushed his arm out and Wei Ying curled into him laying his head on his chest." No it is not Wei Ying, and I just want you to be safe. Not to get hurt or be hurt by anyone". Lan Zhan said to him. A small smile adorn Wei Ying's face as he listens to Lan Zhan's heartbeat.
"Thanks Lan Zhan". He said. "No need for thank yous and sorry between us Wei Ying". Lan Zhan told him. " I know. I just needed to say it so please let it slide just this one time okay". Wei Ying said and then he yawns and closes his eyes. "Only this time". Lan Zhan said softly and his kisses the top of Wei Ying's head before he waves his hand and the candles blew out. He closed his eyes and soon they were both asleep.