Chapter 18

During breakfast the next morning they were told that there would be a competition. With the first to start are a archery competition and then a hunt afterwards. Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa eyes glides over to where Wei Ying were sitting but he was busy having a conversation with his grandmother and Wei Qing.
After breakfast they all went towards the competition field. Wei Ying ignored Jiang Wayin completely not even sparing him a glance the same as Yanli. That part of his life is over and done with.

Everyone thought that Wei Ying and Wei Zhan would compete but instead they took their seats next to their family at  the allocated Lan dias.
Jin Guangshan could not help himself when he saw that and he asked ever so innocently.
"Excuse me Wei Wuxian won't you be compete in the competition. As I recall you were an excellent archer back then. We all thought that we will be able to once again saw such talent in action ".
Wei Ying turns his head towards the man and said with a nod of head.
"I am sorry to disappoint you Sect Leader Jin and everyone else but I did not come here to compete. I believe we all know why I am here and for what reason". He said and turns his head back to his husband and continued with his conversation. Jin Guangshan not satisfied but nodded his head towards Jin Guangyoa to start the competition.

Once the shooting the targets were finished the disciples were making their way into the forest. Not long one by one the sects sigils will went up and they have successfully killed their targets. The atmosphere was between exited and anxious most of the time. The wine flowing and silent conversations between the different sects. Wei Ying could feel the glaring of a certain person's eyes on him. It seems nothing really change. His eyes caught a silent conversation between Jin Guangyoa and Jin Guangshan and so did Wei Zhan and Wei Qing and they readied themselves for what is to come. They did not had to wait long though. Because not soon a disciple with colors they don't recognize came running out of the forest all bloodied screaming.
"There are fierce corpses in there and they are attacking us".
Many followed behind him and soon they heard the roar of the fierce corpses coming towards the field where they were sitting. Eyes drifted over to Wei Wuxian but the man calmly sips on a cup of tea.

"Wei Wuxian is this your doing. You vile person. You would even go so far as to attack innocent people". Someone screams and many voices follows. Not seeing the mist of resentful  drifted towards them.
"Wei Wuxian once again you show your true colors. During the war you used this same method". Another one voiced his unwanted opinion.
Still ignoring them his eyes glued to the dark mist coming and the roar of the fierce corpses.
"Did you come here to finally kill us all". Another voice echos.
"Please everyone keep calm we can't just blame Wei Wuxian even though he knows how to use resentful energy. There must be a reasonable explanation for all of this". Jin Guangyoa said while half-hearted placating the people. A dimple smile on his face.
"Your blaming my grandson without evidence. When you should be worried about the dark mist of resentment and fierce corpses coming your way". Boashan said calmly on the outside but was furious on the inside. Everyone's eyes follows and that's when they saw the dark mist. Jin Guangshan had already made himself scares.

Everyone jumped up and started running towards the hall. Wei Wuxian and the others stood up calmly and followed the others. When they walked into the hall the doors was immediately seal and every window as well. They went and sit down not caring at the people screaming and throwing blame. A wave of spiritual energy went through the place knocking some of them over and followed was the infamous silencing spell.
Everyone looked at the Lans angry and disgruntled. Some try to break it and then they heard a voice.
"I would not try to break if forcefully. Best to wait until it has run its course or until the one who put the spell on you released it". Xichen said.
"A-Huan why would you do that? We all have a right to know why Wei Wuxian would be so cruel to released fierce corpses on the innocent disciples". Jin Guangyoa said with his usual pretend grace.
Xichen looked at him anger evident in his eyes and on his face.
"Please refrain from ever calling me so intimately Jin Guangyoa. Like there already has been asked. Where is the evidence that Wuxian did this?". He asked with a cold voice.
Jin Guangyoa took a step back and said.
"Lan Xichen you know about the missing yin iron pieces. Who else but him would take it". He asked looking around the room but as his usual back up were hit with the silencing spell. There was no one to agree with him.
"Sect heir Lan. You must know that Wei Wuxian are vast experience in demonic cultivation. And the yin iron pieces did disappear after he and his husband left". Jin Guangshan.

"Wei Wuxian you are so arrogant. But you are nothing but a son of servant". Jin Zixun said as he stood in front of Wei Ying's table.
"And who might you little piggy. I don't recall ever meeting you and to be honest you calling me names just like your uncle and that son of a whore are becoming quite boring". He said as he stood up. Jin Zixun spatter over his words while Jin Guangyoa turns red with anger.
"All of you accuse me of stealing the yin iron but do I really need them when I can command them at will". Wei Wuxian said as black tendrils swirls around him. His hand lifted he played with the resentful energy.
Gasps going around the room. Fear evident in everyone's eyes except his family. Wei Zhan stood up and stood next to husband his hand on bichens handle.
"You see Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa I don't need your missing yin iron. These I obtain in the burial mounds. So let's see who truly had stolen the yin iron shall we". He said with a smirk and the rest of his family stood up and came to stand next to the two husband's. Wei Qing let he needles slides out onto her hand. Boashan and the rest unsheath the swords and let it hang to their sides.
The hall looked on with wide eyes. Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa tried to opened their mouths but was hot with the silencing spell as well. Mingjue also stood up and join the group.

Outside the fierce corpses were still banging against the doors trying to come inside. As koi tower are filled with the death of so many innocent Wei Wuxian called upon them and gave the order.
"Find the yin iron and bring it to me".
Jin Guangyoa and Jin Guangshan eyes went wide in their sockets as the ghost screech and went straight towards Jin Guangyoa. He tried to fight them off but to no avail. Some dive into his robes and soon two pieces of yin iron came drifting through the air for all to see. The silencing spell have worn off by now and horrified gasps went through the room. The pieces drifted towards Wei Wuxian who held them up with black tendrils outside the fierce corpses sounds started to quite down. He let it hang there for some time before he spoke.
"Jin Guangyoa and Jin Guangshan I have a life before this one. Did you really think that I would fall into your trap twice. You must be gravely mistaken. Once you have rallied against me did you think I would let you do it a second time. As you have once again tried to kill me for things I have not done. I think that I will be in my right to kill you for what you have done twice. Don't you think?". He looked between the two with glowing red eyes. They shudder at his words and the look on his face.

"You can't kill my uncle. He is the chief cultivator. Everyone here would not allow it you devil". Jin Zixun screams. He dropped dead as carefully needles were thrown at him with a quick working poison on it. Everyone looked at who could have done it but the group were still standing there. Nobody had made a move.
"One down two more to go". Wei Zhan said.
The two Jin tried to talk but to no avail. As the people in the hall saw where the yin iron pieces were taken from nobody made a move to help. Jin Zixuan held back their disciples ordering them not to interfere at all.
"So as you have used the fierce corpses to kill and hurt innocent disciples. Don't you think that it won't just be right if they devoured their creators". Wei Wuxian said as he waved his hand and the doors opened and the fierce corpses came walking inside. Whistling a eery and dark tune. He gave the order now that the Jin have no control over them anymore. The two tried to escaped but there was no chance. The corpses decent upon them without any mercy. A memory popped up in Wei Wuxian mind but he pushed it aside real quick when he felt his husband's hand coming around his waist and pulled him close. People were throwing up. Some were straight out fainting. Some turned their heads away as the corpses tore the two men apart.
The family watch on satisfaction. When all was done Wei Wuxian took out Chenqing and Zhan took out Wanji after they had killed the corpses and played rest. Once done all of them left. Qinghen-Jun, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen returned to the Cloud Recess and Boashan, Wei Wuxian, Wei Zhan and Wei Qing returned to the Celestial Mountain with the promise to come visit soon.