Chapter 16

Thirteen years had passed. The boys were growing up into outstanding young men. Lan Zhan had let go of his surname and adopted the Wei surname, and so did the Wen. It brought tears to Wei Ying's eyes and a happy smile to his face. A-Yuan who are now called Sizhui are thirteen years old. Jingyi were eleven years old. Both boys grew up with love and affection all around. Their grandfather loves them very much, and he made sure to be a part of their lives. They spend their time between Tanzhou and the Cloud Recess. They were taught both by their fathers and grandfather. Sizhui played the seven string guqin, and Jingyi played the dizi. But as the family were living, their peaceful life forces were being formed against them. Some as close as home. Unintentionally, of course, but netherless, one should know when to talk and when to keep quiet and especially the company you keep.

Wei Ying, Wei Zhan, and the boys were getting ready to go visit Qinghen-Jun and Xichen. Once they were done, they greeted their family, promising them that they would be back in two days.
"You be careful out there. Just because we are living this peaceful does not mean that they are please with it". Wei Qing told them with a stern voice.
"We will Qing-jie, I promise. Don't worry so much". Wei Ying said as he smiles at her.
"It's just I can't shake this feeling that something isn't right. As of a storm are brewing and it's coming for us". She said with a worried voice and look on her face.
"We won't let anything happen to our family and we won't let anyone break us apart. If they are plotting then they should be ready for what will happen if they lay or hurt anyone we care and love". Zhan answers as he looks at her and she nods her head.
"Just be careful please". She said as she waves them off. They left with the assurance that they will.
The two boys had listen in on the conversation. They know that their parents had helped won the other sects the war against the tyrant Wen Rouhan. That they had saved their family from being killed. But they could see how worried their aunty was so they silently pledge that they will help keeping their family safe.

They mounted their swords just outside the town and made their way towards the Cloud Recess. Wei Ying and Wei Zhan knew that the sects would want to try something at some time. They may live a peaceful life but they never stopped cultivating. Their cores are bigger and stronger. Their sons even though they are still so young are just as strong and their golden cores also. Not as strong as theirs but still. Huaisang told them that something is brewing and he at this point don't know exactly what is was but even he had warn them to be careful. Whatever it is. They are ready. They will fight if it comes to it.

Thirteen years ago Qinghen-Jun send a letter out not knowing if it had reached the intended person. He knew that it was a long shot after all so when he did not receive any answer back he took it that the letter did not found the intended recipient. So when he was taking is usual afternoon stroll, breathing in the peacefulness of the Cloud Recess and thinking that he can't wait to see his two sons and grandsons. They will arrive soon and Xichen will also be back by then from his visit to the Unclean Realm. He saw a disciple making his way towards him hastily. The disciple bow in greeting once he reached him and told him that their is someone at the gate who wishes to speak to him.

He thanked him and made his way to the stairs and walked down. When he finally reached the gate he saw a woman standing there. He was a bit confused as to who this person was but he still bow and greets and she returns the bow and greeting before she spoke.
"Sect Leader Lan. Thirteen years ago you send a letter. Forgive for only being able to reply to it now. After all these years I thought I would answer it in person rather than send a reply by letter". She bow again.
"I am so please that you could finally make the journey here. Please come.
We can talk in my office. You arrived just in time. The boys will be here soon". He said as he let her through the wards. She thanked him and they made their way up the stairs once at the top he lead her towards his office. Sliding the door open he stepped inside and stood to the side and waved her in. She stepped inside and soon they made their way over towards the low table. Gesturing for her take a seat he himself starts with brewing a pot of tea for them. Putting out cups he took his seat opposite her and said.
"It is pleasure to finally meet you. Immortal Boashan Sanren". He bow his head in respect and she gave a soft laugh.
"I'm just glad to be here and finally getting the chance to meet my grandson after all these years. Please forgive me not replying earlier. But like the saying goes. Better late than never right". She spoke softly.
"It is fine. I knew since I send the letter that it would be a long shot". He said and she nods her head as he pour a cup of tea for them both. She took the offered cup and they drank their tea in silence.