CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

- Into your arms.

You walk down the stairs with him walking ahead of you, you keep thinking about the scene from earlier, a shy smile doesn't leave your lips as you try to concentrate while your eyes are fixated on his figure, he looks so heavenly gorgeous. You don't know why your heart beats fast whenever he comes close to you.

And a second later, your heartbeat raised to the point you felt your heart will explode out of your chest as you suddenly tripped on the stairs and was about to fall but he holds your wrist and catches you just in time.

You stumble down some stairs and your other hand flies in the air as you panick, you accidentally hit a flower vase and it falls with a loud thud, you freeze on your spot.

Your mind goes blank as you stare at the mess you just created, You immediately snap your head towards Taehyung, feeling extremely sorry and guilty.

"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to. I don't know how it fell, I should have been careful but-" "Are you okay? Did you got hurt somewhere?" Taehyung asks while coming close to you, "Did you twist your ankle?" He asks again at your silence.

"N-no, I'm f-fine but the v-vase-" "It's fine, it was an accident." He exclaims and you feel your eyes burn with fresh tears.

He doesn't notice it as he was looking at the mess on the floor and then was busy holding your hand and carefully taking you downstairs, you continuously stole glances of him, feeling extremely overwhelmed.

________________________________

You feel like it's been a long time since you had such a high quality meal, this feels like heaven after having to gulp those dry vegetables down your throat, you are surprised as you don't feel like throwing up everything after eating, you can finish everything pretty well and that's the biggest relief.

"So...how did we meet?" You asked suddenly, making him choke on his noodles and starting to cough.

You worriedly gaze at him and he drinks some water while preparing himself to lie again.

"As I said it's a long story-" "I'm all ears." You cut him off while leaning ahead, giving him no escape from your curiousity.

"It was a rainy day..I was in Ilsan for some work..and one day, when my car st-opped working, I had no other option than to walk while... soaking wet...that day you came with a purple... umbrella? That's how we first met." He informs making you pause for a while.

"I-i hate rain. I never go out when it rains." You spoke in a low voice, mood instantly turning low. He mentally slaps himself for messing up.

"But you came that day. I'm not lying-" "You know why I hate rain?" You asked again, making him speechless as he doesn't know.

"You never told me you hated rain." He lies anyway and feels sick to the bottom of his stomach.

You purse your lips together and try to speak again, "A-anyway...Then what happened? When did you started liking me?" You ask with doubt and that makes him more tense.

"I liked you the first time I saw you." "Why?" He pauses at your words again, "What do you mean by 'Why' I-i just liked you. And then we exchanged numbers-" "I had a phone!?" You are clearly making it hard for him, he curses himself internally for not knowing how you were before.