Chapter 18

WORDS: 1087

"That'll be 22 dollars and 35 cents," The cashier explained as he smiled at me. I pulled my card from the back of my phone and paid. We thanked him as Colby grabbed our bag, I smirked with an idea as we began walking out. I stopped and looked back to thank the cashier again. Colby smiled at me as he continued approaching me, making his way to the door. I smiled and lifted his free hand to drape over my shoulder. He chuckled softly as he relaxed as we walked. I put my arm around his back, hugging him as we walked through the automatic doors. I dropped my hand grip letting it slip to his hip but slid my hand across his perfect ass before reaching his phone in his back pocket. He instantly sighed realising his mistake. I chuckled but put his phone back in his pocket. He looked at me confused almost completely stopping in his tracks.

"Why'd you put it back?" He asked curiously. I chuckled, I figured he would move his arm from around me but he didn't. I smiled as I put my hand back on his hip before looping my finger in the belt loop of his jeans. I purposely looked ahead as I did it, I can't handle seeing him smirking right now.

"I don't need to know I just wanted to mess around. Plus, winning was the only prize I needed," I explained with a shrug and a smile. He seemed to study me for a second before we continued towards my truck at a normal pace.

"We do make a cute couple though," Colby joked as he took his arm from around me and put my bag in the back. I chuckled, shaking my head at him and jumped in. I put my seatbelt on as Colby got in, I looked up at him as I finished to see him just admiring me. I chuckled looking at him confused.

"What?" I asked, a smile never leaving my lips. Colby just looked at me smiling before licking his lips. My eyes instantly raced to his tongue to watch. A smirk replaced his innocent smile. I took a deep breath as I looked back at his eyes. Once again, he looked at me like he wanted to eat me like he craved to know what I taste like. I gulped my nervousness away before placing my bottom lip between my teeth, biting down slightly. Colby watched me bite my bottom lip before looking back into my eyes with darkness in them.

"I was just thinking you were too hot to be true," He started. My breath was short and quick as his voice was deeper, full of desire. "I 100% copied you though," He confessed with a chuckle. I laughed as I shook my head and started the car. "I mean, how could I not? You look amazing," He complimented, I felt my cheeks redden as I smiled. I focused on driving as I made my way out of the car park.

"Are you kidding me?" I chuckled, I noticed Colby looking at me through my peripheral vision. "You were sculpted by Gods," I added making him laugh. I glanced at him to see him smiling with blushing cheeks. We chatted casually as we made our way back. Colby was really funny and every time I looked at him I couldn't help but smile. He's just too handsome! I mentally thanked all the stars for having us meet. I gathered that Colby was religious and wondered if he cared that I'm not. I believe in the universe doing all the miracles everyone claims were God's work.

I pulled up outside my house, and Colby smiled at me before climbing out. I gathered the things we'd bought and headed to the door. Colby soon took the bag I carried. I looked at him confused, he shrugged with a smile practically tattooed to his mouth. I wondered if he was always like this or if it was because of me. We approached the door, I unlocked it and held the door open for Colby. I led us to the kitchen where we placed our things on the kitchen island.

"Wow, this place is amazing," Colby commented looking around. I let out a chuckle as I thanked him.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked opening the fridge, grabbing myself a can of Coke and offering one to Colby. He accepted the can, his hand lingering on mine as he smiled. Colby continued looking around the room so I chuckled. "How about a tour?" Colby's lips instantly spread to a grin. I chuckled leading him around. I explained the purpose of each room before we finally ended with my bedroom.

"You've done your room already?" He asked admiring the accent wall my bed was against. It was a deep green wall with large green leaves of different shades randomly spaced out. I placed my drink on the bedside table while Colby placed his on my drawers.

"No, I had someone do it before I got here. I figured I would be jet lagged but I wanted my room ready for me." I shrugged but Colby smiled widely. Admiring me for a moment. "What?" I asked, my eyebrows twitching with confusion.

"I was just wishing we'd met sooner," He explained seeming dazed as he maintained deep eye contact.

"We would have if you'd greeted me when Sam did," I joked, he burst out laughing as he nodded.

"You're way too hot, I'd never approach you," He explained but I shook my head with a slight eye roll.

"Aren't you glad I jumped in the pool then?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Definitely," He replied distantly once again. I smiled tilting my head slightly. I blushed, finally looking away. I blushed harder the closer he got to me. He stopped when he was a step away from me.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked looking back at him. He hadn't taken his eyes off of me. I chuckled nervously, meeting his deep eye contact. As soon as my eyes were on his, he smiled brightly.

"We should paint but..." He trailed off. I waited, the anticipation quickly eating me alive. Kiss me! Just kiss me! He looked down at my lips. I held my breath, mentally begging him to kiss me. He stared at my lips and I knew he was searching for courage. Should I lean in? Should I kiss him?