Chapter 4

WORDS: 1020

I ended up talking with Corey and his girlfriend, Devyn, and a few people around us. Kat went off to look for Sam a while ago. I nodded and laughed at something Devyn had said before taking the last sip of my drink.
"I'm just going to get another drink," I explained as I gestured to the kitchen. I was getting tipsy but everyone else seems like they were drunk. I don't know if it's because I was late or if they have a lower tolerance for it because I've been able to drink since I was 18.
"I'll come with you," Tara explained as she jumped off of Jake's lap to follow me. We joked and laughed as we headed to the kitchen. I was just pouring the drinks when Corey burst in and handed me a Smirnoff ice. I looked at him confused as I accepted it but he laughed.
"You just got Iced!" Corey shouted grabbing everyone's attention. Everyone laughed and cheered around us but I'm so confused.
"You have to down it," Tara explained over the chorus of people cheering and chanting. I laughed as I nodded and whistled loudly to quieten them.
"Where I come from this is a mixer!" I shouted pouring the bottle into a plastic cup and filling the rest of the cup with pink gin. Everyone seemed to go crazy for it, shouting loudly and practically screaming. I laughed as I climbed on the kitchen counter and stood so everyone could see me.
I tipped my head back and guzzled the drink down, the more I drank the louder they got. I finished the drink and threw the cup into the crowd. Everyone went crazy in disbelief. I laughed as I climbed down and everyone patted me on the back and cheered. I laughed, American parties are so much different from British parties. I laughed with Tara as she went crazy as well. "I'm going to go look for Sam," I shouted over the music so she nodded and we went separate ways.

I headed for the back door, people still congratulating me as I passed and soon spotted Sam with Kat and Colby standing by the pool. A bunch of people were outside so I approached them, dodging groups of people as I passed. They seemed like they were having a serious conversation but we're here to party!

"Sam," I said as I approached, Sam seemed to get frightened and jumped slightly. He knocked into Colby and he seemed to fall in slow motion. Sam and Kat tried grabbing him quickly but he landed in the pool and looked panicked. His eyes searched around looking embarrassed before he finally looked at me. He seemed to sigh as if his whole world had shattered. I was shocked but gulped. I turned to Sam, and Colby slapped the water before walking to make his way out of the pool he looked ready to hide in his room all night, I smiled at Sam evilly making him look at me confused.

I started walking away, I took a deep breath before turning back and running for the pool. I screamed as I leapt into the air and landed in the pool. Even under the water, I could hear everyone cheering. The sound of splashing showed that people had joined me. I smiled as I surfaced from the water and pushed my hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and instantly saw Colby laughing. I wiped my face as I dodged the others jumping in the pool and approached Colby. He was smiling crazy wide.

"I'm Danni, it's nice to finally meet you," I shouted so he could hear me, he chuckled.

"I'm Colby," He replied so I smiled and shook his hand. That's one way to break the ice. I laughed at myself and how ridiculous I have been tonight. I swear I have never partied this hard!

"Do you like shots? You're too sober," I explained leaning forward to be closer to his ear so he could hear me. He laughed as he nodded. I smiled happily as I passed him and turned my back to the side of the pool. I put my hands on the pool edge and pushed myself up till I was sitting on it. I got to my feet and smiled at Sam as he and Kat laughed. I turned to Colby who was out of the pool, I couldn't help but look him up and down as his white button-up shirt was now see-through. He is hot! I smiled happily. Colby chuckled nervously.

"I should go change," He explained but I shook my head.

"Just take it off." I shrugged before pulling my jumper over my head which seemed to soak up a lot of water. Colby now looked me up and down admiring my bustier crop white lace cami. He chuckled before pulling his shirt over his head so I smiled. I nodded and smiled at Sam and Kat before grabbing Colby's hand and guiding him inside. He still seemed nervous but I was getting too drunk to care what he thinks about me. I probably have makeup running down my face but right now it is the last thing on my mind. I let go of Colby's hand when we were in the kitchen, people jokingly wolf-whistled at us for being half-naked making me laugh.

I grabbed some plastic shot glasses which lay unused at the side and grabbed a bottle of vodka and some apple sourz. I held them up for Colby so he could choose. He pointed at the sourz with a laugh making me smile. "Great choice," I called over the music and people talking making him smile. I poured our shots and laced our arms so our arms were linked as we took the shots. Colby got a shiver from the alcohol making me laugh. He held his tongue out showing it was strong. I laughed again as I grabbed his shot glass and poured another. I wiped under my eyes, getting as much of my running makeup off as I could so I didn't look like a raccoon.