015

11:45

"apparently her dad is also a police officer." diana said. we had been trying to figure out things about gwen's past to try and see if maybe she had been doing something bad. i knew something was wrong with miles, and i knew it was something that he probably had no choice to be doing. but what would gwen have in him or be able to do to him that he would leave all his friends?

"that might be it. she might have caught him doing something illegal or something?" i said, trying to put the pieces together as we kept coming up to dead ends.

"yeah but what could he have done that was so bad he was fearful of her telling?" diana said as i stayed silent. i truly didn't think miles could do anything that he could be blackmailed with,  maybe he didn't have a choice? or maybe he was just terrible to me on his own.

"maybe he was forced? maybe she made him do something bad, just to blackmail him for it afterwards?" we were sure that's what had happened so we added king and tyler to the call. i would have added chris, but that would be kinda contradicting since miles didn't like him at all.

"that sounds crazy, but u don't sound wrong." king said after hearing our claim. "i mean i've never seen miles talk to a girl like he talked to you. maybe she was making him say it?" tyler also added.

"now that i think about it, gwen was whispering in his ear before he said what he said. and to be honest his "comebacks" were ass" the end made diana and tyler chuckle a bit but i couldn't laugh. i really wanted to help him. even though we weren't technically anything, at the least he was still my friend.

"imagine he's like a killer, like the prowler haha" diana joked. i didn't really find it funny nor did i see miles being the type of person to do that.

"that's not funny, you actually go me scared now." i said semi joking. "ok okk my bad" she responded

"i'm going to see if i notice anything off tomorrow with him and gwen."i said as they all decided to do the same. i had talked to them a bit longer before realizing the time and getting into my bed. i couldn't sleep with all these thoughts racing through my mind, and diana's words didn't help. was gwen blackmailing the prowler?

Miles' Pov

"gwen what more do you want? you already turned all my friends against me." i said as i was pacing around my room praying that gwen would just leave me alone and never come back.

"just a bit more time." she said chuckling. i hated her laugh, it was so evil, it was never genuine. it always had bad come running after it.

i've never pleaded anyone before in my life, well except for my parents at the store if there was something i wanted but still.  had neve begged for anyone to do anything, i usually took care of things myself. i was real close to begging gwen to leave me alone and never speak about the prowler to anyone. but i knew it would be no use.

my mom came in with a weird look on her face before shaking herself out of it and saying. "miles you have school in the morning so your friend will have to leave now." i could tell she was fake smiling at the girl, trying to be nice. i loved how my mom could sense somethings were off without me telling her.

"alright, goodbye miles" she said before pulling me into a uncomfortably tight hug before turning to my mom and smiling
"goodbye rio!" she said before walking out my door and out my house. my mom looked at me with that face saying "is she for real right now?" nobody has ever called my mom her first name without having permission before hand. just general courtesy. the only friends other then my friends and family from chicago who had permission were king, and y/n.

"miles, que estas haciendo with... that girl. i thought you liked hanging out with y/n?" she said as i sighed before feeling a dip form in my bed.

"you wouldn't get it mami. i- i just can't tell you, i'm sorry" i said before laying down on my bed. my mom must have taken my signs that i wanted to be alone because she kissed my forehead before turning out my lights and closing my door.

what was i going to do..

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚
________________
Word Count: 876

this is kinda short but i'm writing more rn. als i've been editing past chapters to fit with the storyline and earth 42 better bc i got a comment that said it sounded more like 1610 miles so yeah. i almost gave up and wanted to re write the story but im glad i didn't bc i feel like it just needed to write the next chapter for it to make more sense. HOPE UR ENJOYING AND ALSO 2K READS IN LESS THEN A WEEK OM TYSM GUYS!!