042

OMNISCIENT

THE CITY went completely silent as miles' fists slammed onto the villain. what ever string that the spot was still holding onto at life, had been cut. miles stayed with his fists on the body, not moving as if he was trying to comprehend the rush of emotions he was feeling.

everyone stayed quiet as their eyes never left his lifeless body under miles' claws. after sitting in silence, miles lifted himself off of the body and tiredly stumbled off of the now destroyed truck. to his surprise, Miguel hadn't said anything, nor did he seem distraught and disgusted at the fact that he had died.

people started to slowly come out of their hiding spots, looking at the city before them. while the buildings weren't completely demolished, half of them were missing vast chunks out of the sides and some were misplaced as the spots holes had teleported them somewhere else.

"ma'am, you alright?" were the words that miles could hear in the distance. Gwen being the only other person who recognized the voice, softened her grip on miles, slightly in relief, but also in confusion. if he was alive, why wasn't his dimension collapsing?

miles swiftly got up from under Gwen, looked over at miles and nodded for him to follow behind.

"sir is anybody injured- spider-man!" Jeff said, startled as he noticed the hero and the unknown, masked person standing behind him. both miles were smiling slightly, miles smiling at the sight of the man he'd been worried about loosing, and miles smiling at the sight of the man he'd already lost.

Jeff's gaze switched between both of the people standing in front of him as he'd remembered the purple suit from somewhere, yet he couldn't remember where.

his train of thought was interrupted by both of the teens pulling him into a deep hug, miles on his right side, and miles on his left. He stayed still in slight confusion before awkwardly patting both of the boys on their back, which may seem like a small gesture, but it was the touch miles missed the most.

after they'd realized how long they had been hugging him, they simultaneously pulled back and cleared their throats. 

"glad to see you're safe d- captain." miles said, catching himself before his father would notice as he rested a hand on him shoulder. "just uh- make sure these civilians are safe." he said in his fake deep voice.

Jeff cleared his throat before speaking. "did you catch that holes guy? you know i told you, we are supposed to cat-"

"yes captain, i can promise you won't see his face around here ever again."

Jeff closed his eyes and shook his head with a sigh. "that's what you said las-" he spoke, but both of the teens were already long gone.

y/n's pov

i shot back to my body, waking up with a gasp for air

my eyes widened as i was breathing pretty heavily. i looked around in shock, confusion, and all of the above like how some people wake up from sleeping and are confused where they are.

once i looked around, the panic started to settle down and i closed my eyes and tried to take slow, deep breaths. even though it pained me to breath as i still had the sharp point in my lower back, i still did it anyways.

once i caught my breath and regained my senses, my first thought was, what had happened while i was unconscious? i used all the strength i could muster up to push the chunks of brick off of me, it being less of a hassle as some pieces were already moved off of me.

once i got the bricks off, i prepared myself with a quick countdown before pulling the sharp object out of my lower back. i whimpered a bit in pain as i felt it coming out and quickly putting my hand over it with a bit of pressure to make sure the bleeding didn't get to severe.

once i had relaxed a bit from the pain, i once again used the little strength i had to get up. i opened my eyes a bit slowly as i gained my balance and looked at the sights before me.

it didn't seem as bad as i had last seen it, but it was also less chaotic. there was nobody running or screaming, instead a few people reuniting or looking for their families. i looked up and noticed the sun starting to come out, meaning luckily it was probably still night in my universe.

once i had taken a good look and understanding of my surroundings, my immediate thought was miles. my mind raced with a whole bunch of thoughts and worries as to if he was okay and what had happened to him.

i limped down to the side walk and looked around, walking a little bit, to see if i could find him, but no luck. i sat down on the crumbled curb and kept my head up with one hand as my other was occupied with my wound.

if i weren't injured i wouldn't be lazily sitting around, just wondering what happened. but right now, i was in no shape to run around.

i felt the tears from stress and worry started to bubble up in my eyes, but before they could fall i heard the voice i'd been wanting to.

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚
________________
Word Count: 1021

sorry for the cliff hanger y'all 💔💔 i wanted to write more but it's really late n i gotta be up by 5 tmr and also it's already at almost 1000 words so i figured this will do, even though it's a filler chapter 😓 hope y'all like the story so farrr (even though the first couple chapters are actual ass) anyways i love u all so so much tyy for the supporttttt and have an amazing day night or after noon where ever u are! bye bye coochs 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

(also tyy so so much for 66k reads! they're going up so fast it's crazy and i'm so grateful 🙏🏼🙏🏼)