Biting

The hybrid gets back on his hands and knees before following behind Hannibal, feeling a bit more comfortable with the stranger now.

~•~

Hannibal has Will sat at the table, waiting for food. Hannibal comes out of the kitchen with two plates in his hand, one for himself and the other for Will.

"Filet Mignon with a rich balsamic glaze and a side of fried vegetables," Hannibal says while placing the plate in front of Will and turning it slightly.

"Not the fanciest meal, but one that is filling," he explains and places his own dish down on the table. Hannibal disappears and comes back with a bottle of wine. He pours himself a glass but fills Will's with water, knowing that giving the hybrid alcohol would probably be a big mistake.

Hannibal picks up his utensils and watches Will, waiting for him to take the first bite and to make sure he enjoys the food. The hybrid is eyeing up the meal carefully, unsure of what it really is.

"It's steak," Hannibal simplifies.

Will licks his lips and brings his head closer to the plate and smells it. His eyes widen and he licks the steak, enjoying the taste on his tongue.

Without hesitation, he places his hands on the table and picks up the steak with his teeth. The balsamic glaze runs down the steak and onto his face, dripping down onto his clothes.

"No William, drop it," Hannibal stands up and walks over to Will.

The hybrid tightens his teeth on the meat and turns to Dr. Lecter, glaring at him. Hannibal reaches out to grab the steak out of Will's mouth but the hybrid decides he rather fall backwards off the chair and run off instead.

Hannibal follows after him and tracks Will down into the kitchen. The hybrid gets cornered at the bottom cabinets and starts trying to eat the meat as fast as he can in his mouth before Hannibal takes it away.

"William, drop it, we do not eat like this," Hannibal tries reasoning with him but the hybrid doesn't listen.

A chunk of the meat falls out of his mouth and onto the floor. Will swallows whatever he has in his mouth and dives at the meat before Hannibal can get it.

Will beats Hannibal to it and chews it in his mouth. "That is unsanitary Will," Hannibal says sadly while shaking his head in disappointment.

Though he does have to admit Will looks adorable with food all over his face and it makes Hannibal's heart melt at the fact Will likes his food.

The hybrid licks around his mouth, trying to get all the glaze off and fails miserably. Hannibal let's out a long sigh before grabbing a rag and wetting it so he can wipe the glaze off of Will's face.

He crouches down so he's levelled with Will, he reaches out and places a hand on Will's cheek. The hybrid growls loudly but just as always, Hannibal isn't afraid.

The human presses the rag to his chin and tries wiping away the sauce. The growling becomes more aggressive and Hannibal can see his sharp canines trying to threaten him.

Hannibal doesn't stop wiping but Will decides he is done. He snaps and bites Hannibal's hand, sinking his teeth into his flesh and breaking skin quickly.

Hannibal let's out a gasp as his skin gets pierced. He rips his hand out of Will's mouth and immediately brings himself over to the sink to wash his hand before the bacteria spreads. Will remains in the corner, growling viciously.

Once Hannibal is done washing his hand, he sends Will a dirty look. "You've been very rude William," Hannibal says, his voice the same tone as it was before. Will realizes that Hannibal isn't one to yell, he's caused nothing but trouble and Hannibal hasn't raised his voice once.

"If you want to behave with such poor manners, you will be punished," Will closes his mouth and tilts his head, unsure of what Hannibal means.

While he's confused, Hannibal takes the opportunity to reach around Will and grab the back of his neck. He tightens his grip, earning a yelp from the hybrid.

Hannibal pulls him onto his fours so he walks next to the human. Hannibal drags him up the stairs and down a hallway till they arrive at room.

Hannibal opens the door and brings Will in. The hybrid realizes it must be Hannibal's room, it smells the most like him. The room is dark, just like the house. The bed is made and everything is so clean, the one thing Will doesn't notice though is the large kennel in the corner or the room. Hannibal really came prepared.

Will doesn't notice before it's too late. He's being put into the kennel and the door on it closes. Hannibal closes it and just before Will is able to stick his fingers through and reopen it, Hannibal is pulling a lock out of his nightstand and attaching it to the bars.

They hear a click as it locks, telling Will that he has no chance of getting out. "Bad boy Will. You do not bite the hand that feeds you," Hannibal stands straight up and looks down at the hybrid in the cage.

Will looks so angry and so betrayed. The silence doesn't last and Will starts barking obnoxiously loud. Hannibal found it odd how Will is able to bark just like a dog in his human form. He wonders what he would look like in his dog form too.

"William, quiet," he tries shushing Will but it doesn't work. Will barks away, almost as if he's demanding he be let out of the cage.

Hannibal just shakes his head and disappears from the room, leaving Will alone. The hybrid keeps barking, planning on annoying him to the point he has to let him out.

A minute passes before Hannibal returns with a plate of food in his hand. Will continues barking at the top of his lungs, incredibly unhappy with the situation at hand.

Hannibal places the meal on the floor. It's more steak with vegetables. He really doesn't want to reward the behaviour by giving Will more food, but the hybrid needs to eat. This time the meat is cut up into small pieces so Will doesn't have to tear it apart himself.

Hannibal slides the plate up to the kennel so Will can reach through and grab it with his fingers. The hybrid ignores the food and continues yapping away.

Hannibal ignores him and leaves the room, this time he doesn't come back.

Will continues barking and barking until he finally realizes Hannibal won't be letting him out anytime soon. His stomach growls and he whines sadly before sticking his fingers through the bars and grabbing food.

After he's done eating, he finally settles down. Will takes the time to look around the kennel. He's on a soft bed and there's a bowl of water in the corner. The kennel itself is meant for a large dog, Will is surprised he can sit up even. He turns around and sticks his face into the bowl, lapping the water up.

Once he's satisfied with the water, he lays down and brings his knees up to his chest. He looks around the room once more before finally relaxing and letting himself drift off to sleep.