Misbehaving in The Office

Praise is his favourite, he loves being called good, especially since he's been called bad all these years. He can't help it. Perhaps Hannibal would praise him even more so if he used his words often.

~•~

The next day, Hannibal and Will walk into Hannibal's office. The doctor is quick to unclip Will's leash and free him. The hybrid wags his tail as a thank you and takes off, looking around again.

He loves the colours of the office and how much they remind him of Hannibal. Especially red, red suits Hannibal very well.

"My first client should be here soon, go up to your kennel," Hannibal orders. Will lets out a huff, not wanting to, but he does anyways. Hannibal notices the annoyance but lets it slide, hoping Will only did that because he rather be with Hannibal rather than by himself.

Will gets to the top of the ladder and walks over to his kennel. He's been getting more adjusted to walking on two feet rather than all fours. He bends down and crawls into the kennel.

Hannibal soon joins him at the top and walks over to Will, who is sitting nicely, waiting for Hannibal to give him his toys.

The doctor crouches down, looking Will in the eye. "Remember our discussion from before?" Hannibal asks, referencing the no talking rule. The hybrid nods his head, holding back an eye roll. He really doesn't want to be locked in a cage while Hannibal works, but it beats staying home alone.

"Here are your toys," he takes them out of the bag, giving them to his pet hybrid.

Will's mood instantly lightens up and he happily takes one into his mouth and wags his tail. Hannibal closes the kennel and goes back down the ladder.

It's not long till his first patient arrives. Hannibal lets him inside the office and reminds him of Will's presence. They sit down and are quick to start talking.

The hybrid zones out, not listening to a word they're saying. Will makes a loaf shape with his body and grabs one of his toys. He chews happily on a toy that crinkles softly, one that neither Hannibal nor his client could hear.

He remains busy for the next ten minutes but soon grows bored. He drops the toy out of his mouth and sits up on his fours, looking around. He turns around in his cage, facing the wall. Above him are a bunch of books. He peaks his nose through the bars and sniffs them, enjoying the scent of Hannibal and old books.

Speaking of Hannibal, Will is growing more bored and craves attention from his owner. He turns around again and walks to the front of the kennel, trying to look through the bars and glass on the balcony so he can look down at Hannibal and see what he's doing.

He presses his face against bars, still not listening to their conversation. Will holds back a whine, wishing Hannibal's attention was on him and not this stranger.

Growing irritated, Will sticks his fingers through the cage and starts fiddling with the little lever that opens it. He slides it open and his cage slowly swings open. Slowly he steps out, noticing that Hannibal hasn't seen him yet.

Will carefully crawls over to where the ladder is, not noticing Hannibal glaring at him from his seat.

"And it's just so frustrating! What does she expect me to do?!" Hannibal's patient cries out. The doctor doesn't reply, he continues glaring at Will.