Ungrateful | Chapter 7

Y/N POV

When I was in class, my watch started buzzing, making me a bit nervous as I raised my hand.

"Yes, Y/n, do you have a question about math?" Mr. Heart asked, crossing her arms as she looked over to me.

"Uh, no... But can I go to the bathroom please?" I asked.

"Can you?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Well, yes. Because I'm a woman and I need privacy and my own business?" I said, getting up, grabbing my bookbag, and speeding out of the room.

On my way out of the school, I saw Pavitr, well, technically Spider-Man because he was already in his suit... Never knew he could change that fast?

"Where are you going?" Pavitr asked.

"The same place you're going... He called me to, and I kinda need to answer before he has a tantrum like a child." I said in a low tone, rolling my eyes and pressing the button on my watch.

Miguel popped up, and he looked a bit mad. "What took you so long."

"Well, Miguel, I have a life. So you tell me?" I asked as we swung around the corner and tried to find the threat.

"Okay, anyways. Someone needs saving, there being held captive by someone in a building." Miguel said.

"Okay, we got this!" I said and hung up before he could do or say anything else.

_______________

When we got there, the villain was really easy to defeat, so Pavitr led him to the cop and I had to go get the person once I got upstairs.

It was Stace, wrapped in rope and crying her eyes out. "Omg! Spider-Woman, you're a life saver." She yelled as she sighed in relief.

"No problem-" I was about to say but got cut off by Pavitr all of a sudden coming through the window.

"You got them..." Pavitr eyes went wide for a minute, but I could tell he was just trying to figure out something.

"Yeah, we can just take her down." I said, getting the top off Stace and grabbing her and jumping out the window. She screamed the whole way down. As I landed, she stopped to breathe.

"You know, you guys kind of sound like someone I know?" She said, putting her hand on her chin in thought.

"Eh, a lot of people sound like others." I said with a shrug, trying to change my voice a bit.

"So, how did you get all the way over here?" Pavitr asked, putting his hands on his hips.

"Well, I didn't go to class today. So I was just hanging around, and that guy got me." She said like it was nothing.

"You should really get back to school." I answered.

"Yeah, you're right. I just wanted to say that I could have saved myself, I didn't quite need your help..." She said and walked away.

"What the hell?" I said with irritation in my voice.

"It's fine. She always acts like that." Pavitr said as she shrugged it off. "Anyways, I was meaning to ask you something..."