Claustrophobia (Armin Arlert)

Just a short one-shot that was on my mind. Please don't request any of the phobia series, I just want to have this as a "come on writer's block go tf away" series.

Also: first Attack on Titan one-shot!

Pairing: Armin Arlert x Reader

Warnings: Yandere themes

Claustrophobia: The fear of tight spaces

The closet had become your entire world.

You could hear the boys of the 104th talking, moving around, and sleeping, but you couldn't call out for help. Not with the gag in your mouth. Your muscles ached from being in the same cramped position for so long, unable to move from your tight bindings.

You had trusted him and, let's be honest, who didn't trust him?

Armin Arlert was harmless. He wouldn't lie to you or trick you. He wouldn't hurt a fly.

He wouldn't tie you up, gag you, and keep you in his closet for who-knows-how-long. You'd lost track of how many days and nights you'd been in there.

He'd sneak back into the dorm after training to loosen your bindings for a little bit and cradle you close to him. But he never took the bindings completely off. And he never removed the gag.

He was so careful, thought so far ahead. Perfect, intelligent Armin never slipped up, no matter how hard you prayed he would. And even if he did, he could probably explain everything away with ease.

You hated him with a passion, but even then, his passionate love for you outmatched your hatred. He was determined to keep you in that closet for himself, and you doubted anything could stop him from having his way.

You couldn't even hope that he'd die on a mission because what then? Would you starve to death, surrounded by people who had no idea you were there?

It wasn't fair that you could hear everyone in the room, but no one could hear you. It was more isolating than if you were completely alone.

Armin talked about what was going on in the outside world to you often. He probably thought it was a kindness, but you wished you could tell him to shut up. You didn't want to hear about things you'd never experience again.

You'd gladly go back to the back-breaking, grueling trainings if it meant you were free.

How dare Armin represent freedom when he took yours away?

It was infuriating. It was heart-breaking. It was torture.

Did Armin not care for you as much as he said he did? Or was it simply a matter of caring too much?

You wished he didn't care about you and just let you go. You wished he grew bored of you, hated you.

But he never did.

And he never, ever would.