Not a Joke (Mikoshiba Seijuuro)

Requested on my Tumblr.

Also this is more of a drabble than a oneshot, sorry.

Title: Not a Joke

Pairings: Mikoshiba Seijuuro x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes

Summary: Seijuuro falls in love with you, but you're not sure whether to take him seriously or not.

You turned around at the sound of your name being called, smiling awkwardly as the Samezuka captain ran to catch up to you, waving excitedly in your direction. You stopped walking so he could catch up.

"(Y/n)!" He cried out, ecstatic to have your attention. "You're so cute, as ever!"

You felt a flush spreading up your cheeks and did your best to hide the darkening, hoping it wasn't noticeable. You could never tell if he was serious or not, but it always flustered you when he called you cute.

"Are you coming to watch swimming practice again?" He asked hopefully, giving you puppy dog eyes.

"Sure, I can stop by after my club," you said.

Seijuuro had always made you laugh with his playful demeanor, but it really made you feel like he was playing with your heart. He was always calling you cute and flirting with you, but it felt like it might be a big joke.

Little did you know, Seijuuro was dead serious. He'd always had a thing for cute girls, but you really took the cake. Your sweet personality made you even cuter and more endearing to him.

You were so unassuming, he couldn't help but follow you around, watching you closely every moment. Especially when you were around all those boys on the swim team. It was a blessing and curse to have you watch his practice.

He knew that his crush was becoming dark, but he couldn't help it. He was too afraid that you'd say "no" to him.

"Hey, (Y/n), I have something to tell you." Seijuuro tried to keep his tone light, but he could hear the seriousness in each syllable. "I like you. Will you go out with me?"

There was a silence in which he held his breath. He wasn't sure he could breathe, even if he tried. It was like being underwater and unable to surface, waiting for your answer.

You were blown away by the question, trying desperately to decide on an answer. The truth was that you liked him too, but...

"I'm sorry, I can't really tell if you're being serious or not," you admitted, "So I have to pass. I'm sorry, it just doesn't seem like you're not... you know... joking."

Seijuuro's heart dropped into the pit of his stomach. You didn't believe him? That wasn't what he expected, but it somehow hurt worse than if you'd just outright said "no".

"I'm being serious!" He asserted, but it was too late- you were leaving him behind, not willing to stand around and be made fun of. His heart shattered to pieces when you refused to look back at him.

Tears stung his eyes as he vowed to prove to you just how serious he was.