See You Again (Aqua)

Request on my Tumblr. 

Title: To See You Again

Pairings: Hoshino Aqua x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, significant age gap (legal adults)

Summary: Aqua sees someone from his past life again after 18 years. It brings up some darker feelings.

"You know, I can't really get into this idol stuff, but it makes me happy to see you happy," you giggled.

Dr. Gorou couldn't tear his eyes away from the TV, where a beautiful girl in a pink dress danced and sang on a brightly-lit stage. He gave a grunt of acknowledgment to show he'd heard his young intern.

At just 18, you were the youngest person working in the hospital. It was clear you weren't aiming to be a gynecologist like Dr. Gorou was, but your hometown was a small one and there weren't many options to intern at.

You sat down on the bed next to your mentor, watching Ai blow a kiss to the audience, her eyes shining with emotion. Although you didn't see the appeal in it, you understood that he had gotten into it from a young patient who had died. You couldn't help but wonder if that death had scarred him somehow.

Scooting a little closer, you smiled up at Dr. Gorou. He looked at you from the corner of his eye for a moment, smiling back, before he turned his attention back to the idol on-screen. You stifled a sigh.

He'd never notice your feelings, would he?

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aqua stood idly around, watching the other actors practice their lines together. He'd already memorized his part of the script- it was easy compared to all the medical terms he'd had to memorize in medical school.

"Quiet on set! Quiet on set!" Someone called out. The actors went quiet as a stunt actor got in place on set. Aqua watched silently from the corner he stood in.

The stunt double took a running leap through a glass window, taking the place of the main character, who had performed the scene just before this one. Suddenly, he stood up, clutching his leg and letting out a strangled cry. Sticking out from his thigh was a large shard of glass, blood beginning to seep through his pants.

"Cut!" The director yelled, leaping up from his chair. "Aqua, take him to the doctor on set!"

Aqua bit back a sigh. Why him? He walked over to the stunt double and offered him his arm to take. The stunt actor leaned against him, limping with each step and wincing in pain.

Aqua had never seen the doctor, but he knew where she was staying. He helped the man along the backstage hallway and to the office. He gave a quick knock and entered, helping the stunt double onto the bed.

Once he saw the doctor, his heart stopped.

You were older now, probably around the age he was when he'd died in his previous life, but it was unmistakably you. He felt an irresistible tug at his heart when he looked at you, reminded of your smile and obvious crush on him.

For a moment, he waited for you to recognize him, but remembered that he wasn't the same person anymore. Of course you wouldn't know him.

You had turned all of your attention to the poor stunt double in front of you, and Aqua was struck by the realization that you'd matured so much since he'd last seen you. You were a fully fledged doctor now, not just an intern.

He was surprised by the thoughts that crossed his mind. I'm an adult again, so surely she'll recognize me and want me again. And even worse, the childish reaction he had when he saw the wedding ring on her finger. I knew her first!

Back when he was Dr. Gorou, he had specifically ignored your advances. He was too old for you in his 30s, he had thought. But now, here you were, and the roles had swapped. Now he was the young adult, and the attraction had taken hold of him. Maybe it was hormones or maybe it was the fact that he finally had something from his old life in front of him.

He spotted a photo on your desk and leaned in to inspect it. He was shocked by the image- younger you standing next to Dr. Gorou. He just about choked on his tongue asking, "Hey, who is this?"

You looked up from the leg you were tending and followed his gaze. A sad smile crossed your face. "Oh, that's my old mentor. He was a kind doctor that went missing, presumed dead. I miss him every day."

Take that, (Y/n)'s husband. He thought victoriously.

"When can I see you again, Doc?" The stunt double asked as you bandaged his leg, "Maybe at a bar, just you and me?"

Aqua felt red-hot rage shooting through his veins. How dare he?

You giggled your sweet giggle, the one he'd missed for 18 long years, and turned him down. He didn't deserve your laughter or your kindness, and Aqua seethed silently from it. You had pined after him for so long, why had you moved on?

Maybe your husband had forced you into a relationship. Threatened you. That's the only conclusion he could make from this situation. After all, you still had his picture on your desk.

He'd take care of your husband for you, and then he'd find a way to make you see that he's the same man you fell in love with all those years ago.