Unravel (Floyd and Jade Leech)

I came up with this idea at like 1 am when I was exhausted. At the end, I will share the drunken-sounding idea I wrote down. I literally sound like a mess but it's lowkey hilarious.

I am absolutely in love with Jade Leech (and Ruggie).

Also Jesus Christ this was 3k words- I haven't written that much in over a year I think.

Title: Unravel

Pairings: Jade Leech x Reader x Floyd Leech

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, marking, I love Jade omg

Summary: Weren't you crying out for their help through your music?

"I'm broken down, the world around us

Surrounds my suffering.

You smile and laugh at me,

But you don't see a thing."

- from "Unravel" English Metal Cover by Jonathan Young

The Mostro Lounge was unusually quiet. Jade wasn't the type to complain and it sure made his and Floyd's job easier. For the first time ever, there was a short break in between orders during rush hour.

Azul, on the other hand, was not happy. His face was impassive, but Jade had known him long enough to read the signs: the quirk in his lips, the narrowed eyes, and the way his shoulders stiffened. Even the astute Azul had no clue as to why rush hour was so slow.

The near-silence of the lounge was shattered by the muffled sound of someone absolutely shredding an electric guitar. Jade, Floyd, and Azul all stopped at once and turned toward the front window. All they could see was the back end of a large crowd gathered around something.

"Jade, Floyd, go check it out," Azul commanded sharply. The other servers could easily handle the few orders, so Jade and his twin left the lounge, searching for the source of the music.

Being much taller than most of the students in the crowd, Jade and Floyd could easily see who everyone was gathered around.

The prefect of the Ramshackle Dorm, the only girl in the school, and the only student without any magic at all was standing on a bench, playing an electric guitar. Jade almost let out a derisive snort. He had always secretly looked down on you, the poor unfortunate, helpless soul. The one who would never, ever fit in.

You looked down at your red-and-white guitar, avoiding everyone's gazes. While Jade admitted you had some talent, you still weren't anything special.

Then, you began to sing.

"I'm breakable, unbreakable. I'm shakable, unshakable." You suddenly looked up from your guitar, your gaze meeting Jade's, a gentle smile on your face, "Unraveling since I met you."

Jade froze and suddenly emotions gripped his heart like an iron fist.

He found himself unable to look away. He managed to give Floyd a side-glance and was surprised to see the expression on his brother's face. His signature smile was gone, his mouth slightly ajar, his eyes glittering with the same emotion Jade was grappling with.

Suddenly, all of his unkind thoughts about you- the disrespect and derision- began to melt away. Jade shook his head, trying to dispel the bewildering emotions. Just once glance and I'm reacting like this? She was probably just looking past the crowd and I only assumed she was looking at me. If she had been looking at me, Floyd wouldn't feel the same way I do.