Dead Serious (Haruka Nanase)

Requested on my Tumblr

Title: Dead Serious

Pairings: Haruka Nanase x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, suggestive content, non-consensual touching, Haru is deadly serious lol

Summary: Haru is a lot more serious than you could have ever imagined.

"Have you ever had a crush, Haru?"

"Yes."

"Who did you have a crush on?" You asked your best friend curiously.

"A waterfall," Haru responded softly.

You burst into loud laughter. Your best friend was probably the funniest person you had ever met, but he didn't even realize it.

Nanase Haruka was a real riot to you, so obsessed with water that he needed it more than air. One time you had burst into his house and, when he called you over, you found him in his swimsuit, submerging himself in the bathtub. You hadn't held back your laughter then and you certainly didn't now.

You weren't exactly a class clown, but you knew a few stand-up routines and endless knock knock jokes. To you, most things were funny, including your serious, water-obsessed friend.

You weren't sure how you and Haruka had become friends. You had liked swimming for about a year and you had met him and his little swimming crew. Nagisa had immediately started calling you by a nickname he made for you and that led to you calling the others by the names Nagisa had assigned them. They were an interesting group, but Haru stuck out to you the most.

Quiet and mysterious, rarely with something to say. You liked that, found yourself swearing that you'd make him open up to you. So far, that hadn't worked, but that was okay. You had found a different reason to hang out with him.

He made you laugh. Hysterically.

He kept a straight face when he told you about his crush on waterfalls, so when he turned to you, equally straight-faced, you couldn't take him seriously.

"Now I have a crush on you." Haru monotoned.

You snorted with laughter, "So you're cheating on water and making me your side chick? I'm offended!"

Haru stared at you, unblinkingly, "So you will be my girlfriend?"

You couldn't stop giggling, "Alright, alright, I accept. But let's keep that a secret, okay?"

Haru nodded and you laughed so hard you cried.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You flopped down on your bed and sighed loudly, "Haruuuu."

Haru looked up from his cross-legged position and stared at you, waiting for you to continue.

"Can we stop with the homework? It's boring," You pouted.

Haru closed his math textbook in response. You grinned at him and gave him a genial slap on the back. "That's my Haru!"

The two of you sat in silence, and you felt yourself start to drift off. Then, you snapped out of it, remembering the question you wanted to ask him.

"Oh, yeah, Haru! I've been meaning to ask you," You said, "Is Makoto single?"

Haru stared at you, his gaze somewhat cold, "Why?"

"Because I'm interested, duh," You laughed.

Haru's eyes widened, "You're going to cheat on me? With him?"

"Cheat on you? What?" You asked, laughter being replaced with confusion.

"Remember our promise? In junior high?"

You thought back and suddenly remembered the conversation, "OH MY GOD, I forgot about that! You're so funny, Haru!" Your laughter was near hysterical as you thought of how funny Haru was to bring that old joke back up.

"I'm not joking," Haru said, voice as cold as ice.

Your laughter trailed off, "What?"

Haru stood up, looming over you, "I'm not joking."

Suddenly, your blood froze over, and you began to tremble. Never had your friend looked this angry.

You tried to sit up, but Haru pushed you back down into your lying position. Then, he crawled onto the bed, straddling you.

"Haru, what are you doing?" You asked, heart pounding erratically.

"I'm going to show you how much I love you," He said, reaching for your shirt and pulling it over your head. His hand came to rest on your ribcage, just underneath your left breast. Then the hand started moving upwards.

"Then you'll know how serious I really am."