5. Damsel In Distress?

"Y/n dear, who's this?"  Tate says with a smile on his face, though something tells you it wasn't genuine

"Y/n dear, who's this?" Tate says with a smile on his face, though something tells you it wasn't genuine.

" Uh Tate, this is Sora. Sora, Tate." You introduced awkwardly.

" Uhuh, well I found a sign and I think we should be able to get to the Emerald  City by going this way." Tate said, ignoring the newcomer, as he pointed towards the path on the left.

" You guys are goin to Em City? Well what for?" Sora asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well we-" you were going to say something but Tate placed a hand over your mouth, shutting you up.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." Tate said giving Sora a skeptical look.

Sora stared at Tate, before starting to laugh once again.

" Hey y/n right? Listen, if you plan on getting to Em City you're going to need someone who actually knows their way around here. Where'd you even meet this guy? He's clueless..." Sora said, completely ignoring Tate's presence.

"We can get there just fine on our own. Mind your own business." Tate said sternly. He wasn't sure why, but something in the back of his head told him to keep his guard up around this 'Sora' guy.

Sora looked at the both of you with an arrogant smirk. "Oh really? Cuz the road you're about to go on is gonna lead you to the East lands, you need to go South to get to Em City. Shouldn't you know that already?" He finished, sounding suspicious of you and Tate.

" Truth is, we aren't from here at all. A tornado started back at my house in Kansas, and the next thing I know I'm in Oz. Tate is my dog, or he was until we got here and he turned human." You said bluntly. When you said it out loud, you sound like a lunatic.

"Y/nnnnn, Why'd you tell him that?" Tate pouted.

" It'd be stupid to continue wandering around, we've got no clue where to go. It would be much quicker to have someone show us the way. Better to make friends than enemies." You explained to Tate, sending him a smile that says ' trust me.'

"Hmm, I wouldn't mind showing you the way, I've been meaning to take a trip to central anyway." Sora says while placing his hands behind his head.

'I mean if this guy did try anything with master, it's not like I couldn't take him..... but do I still want to risk it? He looks kinda scrawny, but if something happened to Master I would.... I don't even want to think about it.' Tate processed everything in deep thought.

" Fine. But don't get to friendly, I don't trust you." Tate sighed stubbornly.

" Look at that y/n, it's not everyday you see a dog giving people orders." Sora said mockingly.

" S-shut up!" Tate said embarrassed.

"Come on guys, it looks like it's going to get dark in a few hours." You said while shaking your head at the two. ' Children. I'm surrounded by children.'