15. At Long Last

A few hours later

A few hours later...

"Really? This was your best plan!?"
You yelled at the prince beside you, in a panic.

When Leon said he'd get you out of here, You  expected him to come up with a plan to stealthily sneak the two of you out.....not just run out the front doors of the castle!

Guards chased after you both, the loud metal of their suits clanging against itself, making them seem more ominous. Was there 20?30? You weren't sure... but they sure as hell weren't backing down.

"STOP! Prince Leon, please!" yelled one of the guards.

Leon continued to run through the kingdom, heading for the giant opening of the cave. He kept a calm expression and a smile on his face, appearing as if he'd done this several times.

However that was far from the truth.

In actuality , he was absolutely terrified right now. He wasn't afraid for his own safety. No, he knew the palace soldiers wouldn't be stupid enough to harm the Crown Prince. It was you he worried about....

One small misstep, and this could all be over.

'Nows not the time to panic...' he thought to himself, tightening his grip on your hand. He had to stay calm for you...

- -
As you darted through the alleyways, you crashed into innocent passersby's, apologizing as quickly as you could before being pulled away by Leon. There was very little sunlight remaining, which also made it difficult to see. Luckily though, the large crowd and lack of light also prevented the guards from reaching you.

Just a little bit longer and you'd be out of the city.

You continued to run, and the yells of the guards began to grow fainter the father you went. Hope fluttered through your body as your mind began to fill with thoughts of your friends.

'I've missed them so much, I hope-'

"Shit!" you cursed, as someone in the crowd roughly bumped into you. Your body harshly fell to the side and you began to clutch your injured ankle.

Leon, feeling your hand fall from his, immediately turned around and spotted you on the ground, cradling your damaged foot.

'Dammit.'

He knew this would happen eventually. Honestly he was surprised you made it this long without feeling any pain. Your ankle hadn't had the proper time to heal yet, and running around the city definitely wasn't helping it...

"Wrap your arms around me." he said in a rush, finding it to be the only solution.

"What?" you asked, taken aback by the males demand.