29.) Selfish: Laylas POV

It's been over a month after that chaotic weekend. I've been avoiding Draco, but it's hard when we are in the same friend group. He's been trying everything to get me to talk to him. He plays telephone and tries to Blaise to talk to me for him, he passes me notes in class but I always rip them up, and I would see him near the Room of Requirements waiting for me to see if I'd visit Tyca. I even tried giving him the owl back, but he insisted on me keeping it. 

Mattheo apologized to me the day he ratted out Draco. I told him he would have to earn my forgiveness, and so far, he's been doing pretty well. He even introduced me to another Slytherin boy; Theodore Nott. Theo and I have been talking a lot and getting pretty close. He's tall, brown eyes and hair, and just overall gorgeous. He's been hanging around our group more, which I can tell makes Draco angry, and I love it.

Pansy, Blaise, Draco, and I were all in potions. Draco tries his hardest to sit next to me, but Pansy and Blaise always make sure I'm in the middle of them. In the corner of my eye, I can see Draco writing something. Great, another note. I see him pass it to Blaise. He knew it was for me, so he passed it back to Draco. This happened a few more times until Draco huffed and slid his arm in front of Blaise, so the note was in front of me. I rolled my eyes and read it.

Please let me explain. I will keep bothering you until you talk to me.

I grabbed my quill and wrote back.

No.

I passed it to Blaise, who opened the note and I hit him on the arm. "That's not for you." I took it from his hands and slid it to Draco.

I noticed the smile he had on his face because I wrote back to him. His smile faded when he read what I wrote. I giggled a little.

Nothing else happened after that, and once we were dismissed, we got up from our desks. I noticed Theo at the door waiting for me. He's been walking me to some of my classes.

"Hi, pretty girl." He says, putting his arm around me. "Off to Charms now, right?"

"You got it." I'm surprised he remembered.

"How was class?" He raised an eyebrow. He knows that Draco has been trying to talk to me.

"It was okay." I paused. "He only tried once."

"It's been over a month. He needs to get over it." He scoffed.

"He will eventually." I smiled. We reached my class, and Theo kissed my head. It made me think of Draco. I shrugged it off and gave Theo a quick hug so he wouldn't be late for his class.

"Studying in your dorm during lunch, right?" He asked, slowly walking backward.

"Yes, we are." I giggled and waved bye to him. He asked me to help him with DADA.

I'm sitting on my bed reading a textbook waiting for Theo, and then I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, expecting Theo. But someone walked in who I wasn't expecting. Draco.

"Hi Layla." He put a spell on my door to lock it.

"Get out!" I yelled

"Not until you talk to me." He spat.

"You got your wish I'm talking to you. Now get out, Malfoy!" I stood up from my bed.

"You know what I mean." He said.

I crossed my arms. "No, I don't."

"I want to explain to you about that night." He pleaded.

"What's there to explain? You watched someone spike my drink and let them give it to me? All for what?" I shouted.

"I didn't want him to have you."

"You didn't want him to have me." I said calmly. "Maybe if you told me what he did, we wouldn't be in this situation, and he wouldn't have me." I glared at him.

He was speechless.

I laughed. "You're selfish, Malfoy."

He pushed me against the wall and pointed his wand to my neck. This seems to be a trend.

"What did you say?" He gave me a death stare.

"I said you're selfish."

"I'm not selfish." He spat.

"Oh really? You didn't want Mattheo to have me. What about Theo? Do you not want him to have me either?" I paused. "Some people say, 'If I can't have you, no one can'. So, kill me, Draco, then no one can have me. Or you can prove to me that you're not selfish and get out."

He lowered his wand and backed away. "Layla..." He said softly. I get butterflies every time he says my name like that. But this time, I killed those butterflies.

"Leave, and I'll think about talking to you again." I said, looking over at the door. He walked back up to me, cupped his hands around my cheeks, and kissed my forehead. Chills and butterflies took up my entire body. "Please, Draco." I sighed.

I needed him to leave. I needed these butterflies to go away.

"Okay." He said softly and unlocked the door.

When he opened it, Theo was right in front of him.

"Is there a reason you're in my girl's dorm?" Theo furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's none of your business." Draco spat and walked away.

I leaned against the wall and dropped to the floor.

"Nothing happened." I said to Theo while looking down at my hands.

"I know. I was listening. You guys were pretty loud." He sat down next to me.

"I don't know what to do. He won't give up." I sighed.

"I can talk to him." Theo suggests.

"No, that will just make is worse." I groaned.

"I guess we just have to take it day by day." He paused. "Let's study to get your mind off it."

❤️