Our Very First Show, Again

It was the morning while Tommy and his grandpa Danny were in the kitchen making breakfast. Well, Danny was making breakfast, while Tommy sat in his highchair playing with his toys.

“Hey, Tommy.” Danny popped up from behind the counter, “You didn’t see grandpa drop this bread, did you?” He asked the baby, holding up said bread. “Good. I’ll just feed it to Joey.”

“Morning Daniel.” Jesse came down the stairs and greeted his old friend, getting a good morning in return. Jesse smile and walked over to Tommy.

“Hey, Tommy. Let’s show your gramps the gift your uncle J got you…A onesie fit for a king.” Jesse said, lifting Tommy out of his highchair, showing off his Elvis onesie. He lifted Tommy over the kitchen counter and started to move him around as if he was dancing while he impersonated Elvis’ singing.

Joey came up the stairs from the basement. “Hey, Jess.” He greeted. When Jesse turned around still with Tommy in his arms, he found Joey dressed in some bugs bunny pyjamas. Joey then put his hands on his head making antlers and impersonated Bullwinkle, “When will you give up this Elvis thing? It’s childish.”

“In a bare-knuckle fight, Elvis destroys Bullwinkle every time. He knows karate.” Jesse shot back, making Tommy mock fight Joey. While this was happening, Cameron walked through the back door.

You see, a while ago, the people who live behind the Tanner house decided they didn’t want their old beaten-up trailer anymore and dumped it in the Tanners garden, Cameron, being 11 at the time begged his grandpa, mum, and dad not to get rid of it and instead convert it into a room for him to live in, Cam really did love his brothers, but he didn’t like sharing a room with them. Cam and his dad then got together to work on the trailer and fix it up. 10 months later, there was a fully usable trailer fit with a bedroom, bathroom, living room and really small kitchen and Cameron immediately moved in. Although Cam technically lived in the garden, he was mainly in the house helping out his parents look after his brothers and just hanging out with them.

Cameron’s hair was still damp from the shower he just took, the 17-year-old had made it a habit to go on runs every other morning to keep himself fit, even then, the only reason it was every other morning was because every other night during the week, he worked as a bartender, getting an enormous wage and a load of tips. Really, any full-grown adult could live off the tips alone, he has had this job for around a year and a half now and loved it, because of how mature he was and how talented he was at making drinks, his co-workers and boss didn’t care about his age as long as he didn’t drink anything himself. His boss, Will, was the owner of the bar and had taken Cam under his wing, teaching him everything he knew. It helped that his mother didn’t know about his job, but his father used to know the owner of the bar and knew his son would be safe there. His mother thought he had another, calmer, and more child friendly job and only knew he got back a bit late, not as far as 1 in the morning, though.

“I really don’t want to know.” Cameron said, half used to this sort of thing happening around the house. He ran a hand through his hair as he went up to his uncles and brother, taking Tommy off Jesse when ‘Elvis’ won the fight. Cameron, still holding Tommy, went to prepare Tommy’s morning bottle like he did every morning.

“Morning Cam.” All three of the adults in the room greeted the 17-year-old.

“Morning!” He replied.

“Good morning!” Becky greeted as she came down the stairs, going to stand next to her husband. “Man, oh, man. I’m exhausted.” She claimed.

“Oh, yeah? From last night?” Jesse asked.

“No, from walking up and down all those stairs to the attic.” Becky responded, “We made that climb every day for seven years?” Becky asked.

“Uh-huh. No wonder your butt was so firm.” Jesse claimed, making Cam wince but also scrunch up his nose in disgust, focusing on Tommy in his arms.