Girl Talk

Cam walked into the kitchen with Allie and Ollie when Tommy reached his arms towards him. “Cam!” He exclaimed adorably.

“What? He can say ‘Cam’ too?” DJ asked in disbelief.

“He’s been saying ‘Cam’ before he’s been saying ‘Steph’.” Cam shrugged, patting his mom on the back before walking over to the kitchen for some food with his friends.

“Wait, what?” Stephanie asked.

“Yep.” Allie and Ollie nodded in agreement, “Don’t worry, I have it on video.” She told the adults.

“I just wrote the most awesome song for Jimmy. But I want to play it with a full band.” Stephanie said, sitting down next to DJ.

“Wait. Wait, wait, wait… Idea coming.” Kimmy said as she got out her chair and moved to the one opposite, “Stand by.” She told them, rubbing her temples and groaning.

“It’s like she’s laying an egg.” Stephanie observed.

“I hope it’s an egg.” DJ nodded.

“Hatching… And… Hatched!” Kimmy exclaimed, standing up.

“What just happened?” Ollie asked.

“Kimmy had an idea.” Cam answered plainly, buttering his toast.

“Let’s get the band back together.” Kimmy smiled at Stephanie.

“What band?”

“Our band” Girl Talk!” Kimmy explained.

“What an amazing idea. If we were 13.” Stephanie claimed, standing up.

“Come on, Girl Talk was hard core. Your Uncle Jesse was our manager. We rocked our scrunchies off, remember?” Kimmy asked.

“Yeah, you guys rocked!” Allie agreed.

“How would you know that?” Stephanie asked her nephews girlfriend.

“Home movies.” Allie, Ollie, and Cam answered together.

“You guys were good.” Cam agreed.

“Ehh…” Stephanie disagreed.

“Well, okay, maybe not good.” Kimmy said. “But we were really cute. Especially that keyboard player. Hey, whatever happened to our drummer?”

“She plays drums for Beyonce.” Stephanie shared.

“Poor thing.” Kimmy said, getting confused looks from everyone. “That’s a big step down from Girl Talk.”

“I can play drums.” DJ claimed.

“No, you can’t.” Stephanie said.

“Oh, yeah? Who got the high score on drums on Rock Band?” DJ asked, only getting plain looks, “Me! Why would I ask the question if the answer wasn’t me?”

“I say we give the kid a chance.” Kimmy told Steph.

“Yes.” DJ celebrated.

“Now all we need is Gia.” Kimmy smiled.

“Gia? Ew!” DJ immediately claimed. “She was such a bad influence on Stephanie. She tried to get you to smoke cigarettes, and she took you to a make-out party. And worst of all, she talked you into wearing your very first crop top.”

“Oh no. Such a bad influence.” Ollie said sarcastically.

“Mom, I hate to break it to you, but most teenagers are like that now.” Cam told DJ.